Earthly Paradise in the Ojai Valley
Casa Ojai Inn • Ojai, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays to Thursdays ($148) or Fridays and Saturdays ($182), in an EcoRoom with Single Queen Bed from Now to March 31, 2012
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays to Thursdays ($159) or Fridays and Saturdays ($195), in an EcoRoom with Single Queen Bed from April 1 to June 30, 2012
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine from a Local Vineyard
- High-Speed Wireless Internet
You've decreased your water usage, but still find it hard to conserve the most valuable resource of all: your energy. Start with this week's Escape to the Ojai Valley, an on-screen stand-in for Shangri-La in Frank Capra's 1937 film Lost Horizon, and a modern-day center for spiritual seekers and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
Your new environment: a recently renovated, single EcoRoom at Casa Ojai Inn. Spend two nights, Sundays to Thursdays ($148) or Fridays and Saturdays ($182), between now and March 31, 2012; or Sundays to Thursdays ($159) or Fridays and Saturdays ($195) between April 1 and June 30, 2012.
Each of the property's 45 guest rooms features Polynesian-style wood furnishings—including a queen- or king-size bed fitted with luxury linens—plus energy-efficient lighting, compostable service items, and other amenities with sustainability in mind. In addition to perks like a saltwater pool, Jacuzzi, and sundeck, you'll also enjoy a daily continental breakfast and a locally sourced bottle of wine.
Nestled in the Topa Topa Mountains, the area is best explored the eco way: by bicycle. Rent your wheels from The MOB Shop and head out onto Ojai Avenue, where you'll find browse-worthy galleries and boutiques all along the whitewashed, Spanish-style arcade. The Ojai Valley Trail, a converted rail line, begins one block east of the arcade and runs some 9.5 miles; expect to meet plenty of locals walking their dogs (Casa Ojai Inn welcomes your pooch, too, for an additional $25 per night).
When you need to recharge your batteries, The Day Spa of Ojai offers several treatments; the Ojai Salt Glow uses salts from the Himalayas (the location of the fictional Shangri-La), plus essential oils of orange and lavender, both grown in the Ojai Valley. Another alternative is to go with the oxygen facial and aromatherapy massage, followed by some time in the sauna.
Appealing dining options abound in the area; in keeping with the eco-theme, Farmer and the Cook is a cafe, farm, and market showcasing locally grown, organic produce. Sip a cup of spiced chai, dig into a fresh corn tamale or veggie-packed pizza, and contemplate how your Escape compares with Shangri-La; we expect it to stack up quite nicely.
"In a crescent-shaped valley between Santa Barbara and Ventura, surrounded by mountain peaks, lies Ojai. The spectacularly tranquil setting has made Ojai a mecca for artists and a large population of New Age spiritualists."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit two per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include daily continental breakfast , bottle of wine from a local vineyard, and high-speed wireless internet
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy; additional guests are $10 per person per night
- Blackout dates: March 7, 8, 9, 10; April 21, 26, 27, 28; May 11, 12, 26, 27; June 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 22, 23, 29, 30
- Taxes and resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm
- Check-out time is 12:00 pm
- Casa Ojai is a pet friendly hotel
- Rollaway/Airbed is $10.00 extra per night
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • Enjoy By June 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings