In Shenandoah National Park, Views for Miles
Skyland Resort • Luray, VA
- A One- ($157) or Two-Night ($253) Stay for Two in a Blue Ridge Room
- One Breakfast
- Bottle of Shenandoah Wine and Two Wineglasses
- Admission for Two to Luray Caverns
- Self-Guided Scavenger Hike Book
Think pie in the sky is just a cliché signaling an out-of-reach dream? Not with this Escape. Behold the Skyland Resort, a collection of cabins and mountain-top rooms perched on the highest point along Virginia's famed Skyline Drive. The dining room's specialty? Blackberry ice cream pie.
"Before there was Shenandoah National Park, there was Skyland Resort, a rustic retreat perched at 3,680 feet on the crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains, 92 miles from Washington, D.C.," says National Geographic Adventure.
Get swept away in a fantasy of nature with a one- ($157) or two-night ($253) stay for two in a cozily appointed Blue Ridge Room. Inside, there are two queen-size beds and something that helps you forget reality: no in-room phones. Out on your patio or balcony, gaze across seemingly endless stretches of the Shenandoah Valley—stunningly colorful in the fall, breezy and lush-green in the spring—and raise a glass of your included Shenandoah wine to Mother Earth.
In the morning, head to the Pollock Dining Room for an on-the-house breakfast. Order up a decadent plate of cinnamon French toast drizzled with blackberry syrup or Appalachian-style eggs—a buttermilk biscuit laden with poached eggs, hollandaise, wilted spinach, bacon, and tomato. Or, if you're planning to hit the hiking trails, go the healthier route with a fresh fruit smoothie or oatmeal sweetened with local wildflower honey.
Venture out with the help of a book detailing self-guided hiking routes. Go chasing waterfalls with a 2.6-mile journey to Rose River Falls, which features the thrilling rush of a 67-foot cascade, or opt for a more relaxed stroll along the Limberlost Trail, a 1.3 miler that winds through stands of mountain laurel.
Then, explore the wonders of the Luray Caverns—your Escape includes two passes to them—including the glittering white crystalline formation called Titania's Veil or the sparkling Dream Lake, with thousands of stalactites dripping overhead.
Come dinnertime, head back to Skyland's main dining room and dig into Chef Peter Bizon's bourbon-barbecue-glazed baby back ribs, braised pork shank with cider-braised red cabbage, or local rainbow trout served with traditional spoonbread and lemon-dill butter.
Then, while overlooking the twinkling valley and vast, star-filled sky, make that blackberry ice-cream pie a reality.
"Founded in 1888, this beautifully set resort has fantastic views over the countryside. You’ll find simple, wood-finished rooms and a full-service dining room, and you can arrange horseback rides from here."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are all Saturdays, all holiday weekends (Friday-Sunday), September 28 - October 27, and November 21-23
- The resort is closed December 2 through March 22, 2013
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2013 • Enjoy By July 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings