The Azure Waters and Pristine Beaches of The Maldives
Encounters Travel • Maldives, Maldives
- Seven-Night Maldives Island Hopping Tour
- All Local Transport and Transfers Included
- Seven Breakfasts, One Lunch, and Five Dinners
- Includes Malé Tour, Snorkelling Excursion, and BBQ on Picnic Island
- 30-Day Tourist Visa Included
If you could only take three things with you to a desert island, what would they be? Start packing them up for this week's Escape with Encounters Travel: seven nights island hopping around the tropical paradise of the Maldives. Once you maroon yourself on these sugar-soft beaches, you may give up ever trying to get home again.
day 1: Upon arrival at Malé International Airport, you'll be transferred to your guesthouse on the local island of Hulhumal. The beach is just a stroll away, and you'll be free to soak up the sun and atmosphere. Overnight in guesthouse.
day 2: Transfer to Malé where a guide will accompany you on a tour of the capital city, with the opportunity to visit The Friday Mosque, The National Museum, and Sultan Park. After lunch, head to your harbour-side guesthouse on the local island of Guraidhoo by ferry, where you might spot dolphins as you survey the Maldivian islands. The snorkelling off Guraidhoo is fantastic and you'll get your first taste of the beautiful underwater world of the Maldives here. Overnight in Guraidhoo guesthouse. Breakfast and dinner included.
day 3: Breakfast this morning is taken with a local family, and then you'll explore Guraidhoo with the help of a local guide, learning about the unique culture of the area. The afternoon is at your leisure to relax on the beach or enjoy optional watersport activities before visiting a beautiful, isolated sandbank, where you can swim and snorkel in the crystal clear waters before dinner—Robinson Crusoe style. Overnight in Guraidhoo Guesthouse. Breakfast and dinner included.
day 4: Following breakfast you will be taken by speedboat to an uninhabited picnic island with a picture-perfect beaches. Swim, snorkel, or just enjoy the beautiful setting before a BBQ lunch. For dinner, you'll tuck into traditional Maldivian food with a local family. Overnight in Guraidhoo guesthouse. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
day 5: Transfer by local ferry to Maafushi, and enjoy a half-day snorkelling excursion discovering the beautiful reefs surrounding the island. On return to Maafushi. Dinner this evening will be a selection of local dishes accompanied by traditional dancing and the beat of the 'bodu beru'—a traditional Maldivian drum. Overnight in Maafushi Guesthouse. Breakfast and dinner included.
day 6: Day 6 is free to enjoy as you please. Further snorkelling is available and optional diving trips can be organised for certified divers. Before sunset you will board a traditional dhoni in order to cruise the Indian Ocean and enjoy a stunning Maldivian sunset, with the chance to try your hand at fishing, Maldivian-style. Your catch will be freshly prepared for you to enjoy as a BBQ dinner. Overnight in Maafushi guesthouse. Breakfast and dinner included.
day 7: Following breakfast served at the guesthouse, your day is free to relax on the beach. Again, resort visits, snorkelling boat trips, and diving excursions are available. In the afternoon, a visit to a local cafe is included to sample traditional 'hedika'—savoury and sweet treats served with black tea. Overnight in Maafushi guesthouse. Breakfast included.
day 8: After breakfast you are transferred back to Malé airport where the tour ends. You should expect to arrive at the airport by around 10.30 a.m. A range of options are available to extend the tour to stay in one of the Maldives' famous luxury island resorts.
*Tour Date Options (Price Per Person, Based on Double Occupancy)
October 26—£699 (up to a £999 value)
December 21—£769 (up to a £1,099 value)
January 19—£699 (up to a £999 value)
November 30—£699 (up to a £999 value)
- This Escape is priced per person, based on double occupancy.
- A single traveller option is available, at a supplement.
- Flights to Malé International airport are available with British Airways and Monarch.
- A 30-Day Travel Visa is included with the deal.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now you can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Click here to find out more.
"The warm seas of Maldives have high visibility throughout the year, with water clear enough to see the passing fish as far as fifty metres away at times."-- Visit Maldives
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights not included (available on request)
- Airport arrival and departure transfers included
- All transport included using local ferries and a range of other boats
- Bookings must be made via the traveller information form detailed on your voucher
- Options A, C, E, G - Voucher priced per person based on double occupancy. In order to travel with a companion, you must purchase 2 vouchers (1 for each traveller)
- Options B, D, F, H - Voucher priced per person for single travel
- Voucher valid for 1 person only
- Voucher valid for date selected only
- Must have a valid Passport in order to travel
- This tour does carry a mandatory single supplement if you wish to guarantee yourself a single room or whenever a room share is not available. If you are happy to share but at the time of booking there is no room share available, we will invoice you for the additional charge (£99) but this can then be refunded/removed once a room share becomes available. More often than not, we are able to arrange a share.
- Voucher includes: Seven night Maldives island hopping tour, all transport and transfers, daily breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners, dinners, Malé tour, snorkelling excursion, Sand Bar visit, fishing trip, meals with local families and BBQ on Picnic Island, and 30-day tourist visa
- Voucher excludes: International Flights, Visas, Travel Insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel), meals not indicated in the itinerary, drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry), tips for tour leader or any other items not mentioned above
- Note: Alcohol is not available on the local islands but is available during optional resort day trips and during any resort extensions
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- You may cancel your voucher within 7 days of purchase and receive a full refund provided it has not been redeemed. After this period, Merchant cancellation policy applies. See traveller information form for details
- Please contact 0800 0886002 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 19, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 19, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 19, 2014 • Enjoy By January 19, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 30% savings