Plenty to Do in Lake Placid
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort • Lake Placid, NY
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Specialty Room on Sundays through Wednesdays from Now to December 19, 2012 ($199)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Specialty Room on December 13, 14, or 15, 2012 ($269)
- Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
- Breakfast Served in Bed
- Wine Tasting for Two at Goose Watch Winery
- In-Room Movie
Recreation doesn't stop for the winter in Lake Placid. The host of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics has plenty of winter sports spots and Olympic venues in the Adirondack village, leading National Geographic Traveler to name it one of Best Winter Trips 2012.
But getaways to the New York town don't have to be high adventure; visitors can opt to spend their time on skis at Whiteface or in front of a cozy fire in their room at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, overlooking the appropriately named Mirror Lake. Stay for one night ($199 or $269, depending on when you travel) in a specialty room, such as the warm-toned Haystack, which boasts a king-size bed, an oversized whirlpool, and sparkling lake views. Or, check out the Wright Peak, with wrought-iron chandeliers and views of both the mountains and the Olympic Village. All specialty rooms have fireplaces and pillow-top mattresses, and Escapees will have an included bottle of wine and in-room movie.
Wake up to breakfast in bed, perhaps cinnamon-brioche French toast with whipped orange butter, hearty steak and eggs, or eggs Benedict draped in lush hollandaise. When you do get out from under the covers, strap on some ice skates or cross-country skis. Then, make your way to the Goose Watch Winery, where you'll be treated to a tasting of their creations, which include Viogners, Rieslings, Chambourcins, and Cabernets.
Later, take a romantic dog sled ride before sinking into the adults-only hot tub and dining on locally sourced fare at the resort's Generations Restaurant.
"This resort sits right in the heart of Lake Placid and directly on Mirror Lake. Most of the rooms have balconies, and the views (on the lakeside) are great."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until 12/19/12
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 11/21-25
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 19, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 19, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 19, 2012 • Enjoy By December 19, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings