What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a classic king room or luxury king room
Hotel at a Glance: 4.5 Star HOTEL DU PONT
A grandiose gold-accented staircase greets guests in the enchanting lobby at the historic HOTEL DU PONT. Previous host to historic figures - including U.S. presidents, world leaders, first ladies, world-renowned musicians, and more - this prestigious hotel sits in the heart of downtown Wilmington and has upheld its traditions of providing unmatched, personalized experiences since it first opened its doors in 1913.
- The hotel’s signature 4-star restaurant, “The Green Room”, has been awarded the AAA Four-Diamond Award and the Forbes Four-Star award, offering a truly unique, elegant dining experience for guests to enjoy at the hotel.
- For a more relaxed, casually-sophisticated dining experience, guests can enjoy lighter fare at the hotel café, or grab a sweet treat from the bake shop on-site.
- Old European charm combines with contemporary amenities to provide comfort and convenience with every stay in a guest room at the hotel. A well-appointed luxury bathroom with upscale bath amenities is included in each room, along with a work desk and HDTV.
- Lobby libations: Happy hour is served every evening amidst the plush leather lounge chairs and artful couches in the hotel lobby. The lobby also hosts nightly events, where guests can learn the art of cocktail creation or sample a selection of wines during the Wine Flight Night event.
- Wilmington’s rich culture and heritage surround the hotel. The Soldiers & Sailors Monument, Brandywine Zoo, and Hendrickson House Museum and Old Swedes Church are all just 1 mile away.
Wilmington, Delaware: 17th-Century Colony with Famed American-Art Museum
Wilmington was first founded as a Swedish colony in 1638; naturally, it has no shortage of historical sites. A highlight among them is Fort Christina Park. Though the real ancient fort no longer stands, you can sail the Delaware River aboard a re-creation of the 139-foot Kalmar Nyckel, the settlers’ ship that brought numerous Swedes to the area. This full-size vessel features ornate carvings, seven working cannons, and masts that rise up to 10 stories into the sky. The ship docks near the Wilmington Riverfront, which follows the Christina River. A stroll through this green thoroughfare takes you past myriad cultural institutions, waterfront cafés, and art-deco architecture.
But the city’s most popular cultural center lies outside of downtown. The Delaware Art Museum is home to a vast collection of American art, including many by Edward Hopper, John Sloan, and Howard Pyle. Pyle is also credited with having started the Brandywine School at the end of the 19th century, a local organization that helped to usher in the golden age of American illustration.
Classic King Room or Luxury King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: valet parking only available, $35 per night.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: one pet may be added for an additional $100 per stay.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- 4-star restaurant
- Bake shop
- Happy hour (hosted in lobby)
- Fitness center
- Gift shop
- Free WiFi
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About HOTEL DU PONT
- Nearest airport: Philadelphia International Airport (PHL; 21 mi)
- Nearest train stop: Wilmington Station (1 mi)
- Cab fare: about $54 from PHL
- Distance from Philadelphia: 32 miles