Gourmet Thames Island Retreat in Beautiful Bray
Monkey Island Hotel • Berkshire, United Kingdom
- One- (£99) or Two-Night (£149) Stay for Two People
- Daily Breakfast
- Two-Course Dinner Each on First Evening
- Glass of Bubbly Each if Returning to Dine on Second Evening
- Availability Seven Days a Week
Less than five miles from Royal Windsor, shrouded in centuries of curious history, there lies Bray on Thames—an overgrown village with charming quirks aplenty. Look closer at the unassuming parish church and you'll spot that the gargoyles are especially unsavoury; inside is a tunnel from the chapel to one of the local cottages, through which the clergy would have escaped in days gone by. Whether you're on the lookout for an intriguing break or just a bolthole under 35 miles from London, sneak off to a hideaway in the middle of the Thames courtesy of this week's Escape to Monkey Island Hotel, Berkshire.
Uncovering the parish's secrets begins when you and your fellow snoop stay overnight in a superior room for £99 (up to a £201 value). Alternatively, extend your inquisition with the same package for two nights for £149 (up to a £331 value). Either way, you'll set up your telescope in a tastefully decorated room complete with desk, digital TV, iPod docking station, and en suite.
There's something extraordinary about dining at the exquisite hidey-hole: first, that a two-course dinner is included on your first night, and second, that of its four eateries, you'll take your inclusive breakfast in the light, spacious Pavilion Restaurant, where you'll choose from a menu including a Continental platter, full English, or fillet of smoked haddock and poached egg. Dine at the recently-relaunched restaurant on your second night and a glass of bubbly each will also be revealed to you on the house.
Whisper it... Among the village's hidden gems are two of just four three-Michelin-starred restaurants in the country: Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck, and Alain Roux's Waterside Inn. Meanwhile, the local hospital has an oddball history all its own—the red-brick building was originally almshouses founded by the man whose statue still guards it: William Goddard of the Worshipful Company of Fishmongers, naturally. A little further afield you might want to exploit Windsor's abundant retail opportunities.
This package is for two people. Stays are available to redeem on any day of the week.
"Berkshire is well known for its attractions including Windsor Castle, Eton college, Ascot Racecourse, and Savill Garden."-- The Beautiful South
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation - bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Reservation is subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2013
- Voucher not valid between 24 - 26, and 31 December
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Multiple vouchers cannot be used over consecutive nights
- Deal based on double occupancy
- Voucher includes Daily Breakfast, Two-Course Dinner Each on First Evening, and Glass of Bubbly Each if Returning to Dine on Second Evening
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01628 623400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings