Warm Hospitality and Fine Dining in Rural Yorkshire
The Talbot Hotel Malton • Malton, United Kingdom
- One- (£99) or Two-Night (£185) Stay for Two People
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Glass of Prosecco Each on Arrival
- Bottle of Wine on One Evening if Guests Dine in The James Martin Restaurant
Back in the day, the market town of Malton was where Charles Dickens wrote a little book called A Christmas Carol. These days, the North Yorkshire parish is known for its picturesque countryside, independent shops and cafes, and fine local food. Appropriate, then, that we've looked into your future and seen a stay that's at once heritage and up-to-date: this week's Escape to the newly refurbished, Grade II-listed Talbot Hotel.
Rather than wait for the Christmas Present to catch up with you, make a visit of your own to the historic venue and stay overnight in a Norton room with your other halffor £99 (up to a £198 value). Alternatively, really change your ways with the same package for two nights for £185 (up to a £371 value). Either way, you're sure to get an uninterrupted night's sleep in your luxurious accommodation: expect super-king size bed, elegant pastoral décor, and marble en suite with claw-footed freestanding bath, decadent Penhaligon's toiletries, and in some cases monsoon shower.
You're not imagining things: there is a glass of prosecco each waiting for you on arrival. A bottle of wine is on the house one evening when you dine in the James Martin Restaurant too—far from a trick of the light, the star chef's eatery even has its own drawing room with open fire. On the stuff-of-dreams menu is hand-pulled cask bitter, international wines, and dishes such as lightly smoked Waterford Farm loin of beef and braised Yorkshire lamb shank in the evenings—as well as a full English for your inclusive breakfast.
There's no need to shout down from your window to treat loved ones to artisan fare—visit on the last Saturday of the month for the traditional farmers' market. Alternatively, delve into Christmas Past at the many ancient churches or nearby Eden Camp military museum.
This Escape is for two people, with availability for all seven days of the week.
"Modern British thinking is to the fore, with a mix of classical and up-to-date technique brought to bear on the fine ingredients the kitchen has at its disposal."-- The AA
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2013
- Voucher not valid on 26, 31 December 2012, 1, 23 January, 14, 25 February and 18 March 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Voucher not valid on existing reservations
- Deal based on double occupancy in Norton Room
- Children allowed
- Upgrades available; subject to availability
- Voucher includes Daily Full English Breakfast, Glass of Prosecco Each on Arrival, and Bottle of Wine on One Evening if Guests Dine in The James Martin Restaurant
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01653 639096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy by date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings