Authentic Mountain-Town Digs, 20 Miles from Telluride
The Mine Shaft Inn • Rico, CO
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Double Private Room
In the heart of the San Juan Mountains, this historic Victorian inn boasts easy access to outdoor adventure while offering an off-the-beaten-path home base.
Perhaps most famous for its powdery slopes, Telluride is one of the country's hottest outdoor destinations no matter the season—but especially during fall, when the area's iconic aspen groves turn brilliant shades of red, yellow, and orange. "It's hard not to dig Telluride," says Lonely Planet. "Once an old Ute hunting ground and then a saloon-swinging mining town, the resort locale offers great skiing, great mountain biking, and great festivals." When you're not exploring the splendor of the San Juan Mountains, head for Downtown Telluride for a taste of its no-fuss bars, boutique shops, and various restaurants, which often serve world-class cuisine with a side of breathtaking mountain views.
Enjoy the mountain—without the crowds—at The Mine Shaft Inn & Hostel, situated just 20 miles south of Telluride in the town of Rico. Mountain views and small-town hospitality come standard at this understated hotel and hostel, which is appointed with historic Victorian décor and offers budget-friendly accommodations. Share a no-frills room that includes your own bunk bed, or opt for a private room with a queen bed. Cook up some comfort food in the spacious community kitchen and chat with fellow visitors before heading out into Colorado's winter wonderland.
• Hiking, biking, and exploring in the San Juan National Forest, just minutes from Rico
• Explore the Rico Hot Springs, situated right next to the Dolores River just north of town
• Visit the Rico Historical Museum, showcasing indoor and outdoor exhibits about the town's colorful history
• Head into Telluride to catch musicians such as Buddy Guy, Peter Frampton, and George Clinton at the annual Telluride Blues & Brews Festival on September 12, 13, and 14
"I fell in love with the peace and quiet of Rico and the hotel's historic charm. Poncho is a gracious host and does all he can to make you feel at home. He runs a clean hotel and has many local stories and suggestions for places to visit in the area."-- Facebook Fan
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through November 1, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 1, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 1, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 1, 2014 • Enjoy By November 1, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings