A Charming Slice of Americana in East Texas
Angel's Gate Bed & Breakfast • Navasota, TX
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Gabrielle's Room ($175) or in a Suite ($195), Fridays through Sundays
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Nightly Wine Tasting for Two
From blues to bluebonnets, historic Navasota offers movie-set charm and Americana flair you won't find outside of East Texas.
You may not have heard of Navasota, about an hour northwest of Houston, but you've definitely heard its native sons play a thing or two on the ol' six string. One of the birthplaces of blues—and the official Blues Capital of Texas—Navasota is a true slice of Americana, its main street reminiscent of a Wild West film set. It's one of the best-preserved towns in the region, with a number of Victorian homes open for historic tours, but it's also East Texas's answer to Hill Country: Visit a handful of wineries within an hour's drive of town, or head down to the nearby Navasota River for a lazy float in the sun.
One of Navasota's first boarding houses, Angel's Gate Bed & Breakfast was built in 1925 and, despite a number of renovations, retains much of its original character and charm. Inside this yellow-chiffon Victorian, complete with wraparound porch, you'll find two suites and one large guest room, each one equipped with Wi-Fi and a private bathroom. Join the innkeepers at sunset for a complimentary wine tasting, and enjoy a specialty breakfast each morning in the dining room. In the afternoon, relax with a book—and some blues from the vinyl collection—in the Turret Room.
• Head for the Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail and enjoy a day of tastings in the country
• If you stay in April, plan your trip around Navasota's fifth annual Blues, Bluebonnets, & BBQ Festival
• Hit the links at nearby Pecan Lakes Golf Club
• Grab a table at Mallett Brothers Barbecue, serving real-deal East Texas grub
"Originally settled in 1822, the site of present day Navasota is rich in both history and historical assets."-- TourTexas.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - August 19, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily breakfast for two and nightly wine tasting from local Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail for two
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 adults; additional adults may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $25 per person/night
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Children are not allowed at the property
- Pets are not allowed
- No smoking in the rooms
- Check-in: 3 p.m. / Checkout: 12 p.m.
- Blackout date(s): February 14-16, 2014; May 9-10, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 19, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 16, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 19, 2014 • Enjoy By August 19, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings