A Historic Charmer in the Finger Lakes Region
The Ellwanger Estate • Rochester, NY
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in the Travelers Rest or Garden Room ($249)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays, in the Woodland Suite, or the Travelers Rest or Garden Room ($279)
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- $50 Credit Toward a $110 Massage
In Rochester, this turn-of-the-century bed and breakfast puts guests within a short drive of New York's Finger Lakes Region.
Originally established as a no-nonsense flour mill town, Rochester, New York, has since exchanged its industrial roots for cultural cachet. The artsy action centers around the city's East End, a leafy, tree-lined neighborhood where more than 100 museums and theaters mingle with tapas bars and jazz clubs. And since Rochester is known as the Flower City as well as the Flour City, those in search of fresh air will have no problem finding the town's bounty of spring blooms. For a day trip outside the city, make the short drive down to the Finger Lakes for wine tasting, hiking, and other countryside pursuits.
Since its construction in the 19th century, The Ellwanger Estate has played host not only to weekenders but also weddings and even film crews. And no wonder: After undergoing an extensive restoration, the mansion is every bit as elegant and charming today as it was at the turn of the 20th century. Back then, it was the home of renowned horticulturalist George Ellwanger, who donated part of the property's majestic gardens to Rochester, helping to rebrand it the Flower City. Now the estate includes all the amenities of a contemporary inn—high-speed Internet, spa services, DVD library, and more. Guest rooms, each one featuring beautiful hardwood floors, are tastefully decorated with period furnishings and equipped with private bathrooms. The Woodland Suite offers a king-size bed, while the Travelers Rest and Garden Room are appointed with queens.
"The Ellwanger is truly a unique B&B. The owner's friendly hospitality, the intriguing décor, and the superb breakfasts all add up to a home away from home for the traveler. Unreservedly recommended."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and April 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): ) April 18-20
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 24, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • Enjoy By April 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings