London, Rome & Barcelona: Antiquity to Avant-Garde
- A Ten-Day Trip to London, Rome, and Barcelona ($1,699 to $2,999 per Person), Including:
- International Flights from New York City to London and Barcelona to the US
- Domestic Flights from London to Rome and Rome to Barcelona
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the London House Hotel (or Similar) in London, Three Nights at the Worldhotel Ripa Roma (or Similar) in Rome, and Three Nights at the Mercure Alberta Barcelona (or Similar) in Barcelona
- Nine Breakfasts
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Explore European powerhouses of celebrated art and legendary history on a self-guided tour through London, Rome, and Barcelona.
You're in for a royal treat when you land in London. Tradition and sophistication reign here, from the Yeomen of the Guard in traditional Tudor garb, to the gates of Buckingham Palace, to the Gothic grace of Westminster Abbey. Aside from being the heart of British history, London is also an influential metropolis teeming with innovation—leading Great Britain, and arguably the world, in fine art, food, and fashion.
From the center of one great empire to another, your next stop is the European capital of ancient art and old-world culinary custom: Rome. You'll move through the Eternal City in a flash, one moment standing in the long-gone footsteps of ancient gladiators, the next gazing up at Michelangelo's hallowed frescos in the Sistine Chapel and the baroque brilliance of Saint Peter's Basilica. After a day on your feet, take a seat to feast on rich red wines and homemade pasta.
Finally, cross the Mediterranean to discover whimsical Barcelona—a sanctuary for the avant-garde. This beach town metropolis is famous for morphing into a cutting-edge dance floor for late-night revelers. With an abundance of gothic architecture and a creative culture, Catalonia's capital by the sea has earned its position as the fourth-most visited city in Europe—not that Barcelona takes that stuff very seriously. Nope, all that really matters here is that the sun is shining and Barca is winning.
This ten-day trip is a crash course in the European art, history, and culture—so strap in and get ready for a big impact on your perspective, all courtesy of go-today.
Board your transatlantic flight from New York City to London.
days 2 to 4:
Spend these three days exploring London at your own pace. Hit major attractions like the London Eye, the Natural History Museum, and Big Ben. After touring the boroughs—posh Notting Hill, trendy-tasty Soho, and the ever-fashionable Mayfair—walk side by side with the River Thames, then head to Hyde Park with a picnic basket in hand.
Three nights at the London House Hotel or similar. Daily breakfast provided.
Hop your flight from London to Rome. You'll have two full days to explore the Eternal City, so start making that top ten list of sites you just gotta see.
Overnight at the Worldhotel Ripa Roma or similar. Breakfast provided.
days 6 to 7:
Take this time to soak up the history and beauty of Rome. Hop on a moped to travel the city's seven hills from monument to museum to landmark. A rich, long history encompasses the ancient ruins of Colosseum and the Forum; the baroque opulence of St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican; and a culinary tradition that includes some of the best pizzerias and gelaterias on the continent.
Two nights at the Worldhotel Ripa Roma or similar. Daily breakfast provided.
The final leg of your trip starts with a flight from Rome to Barcelona—the celebrated cuisine, surreal architecture, and frenetic nightlife are yours to enjoy for the next couple of days.
Overnight at the Mercure Alberta Barcelona or similar. Breakfast provided.
days 9 to 10:
Wander the intricate streets of the Gothic Quarter, study the abstract attraction of one of the greatest 20th-century artists at the Picasso Museum, or while away an afternoon in one of the city's gorgeous parks as you revel in the deliciously temperate climate. A visit to iconic works from Antoni Gaudí is a must, like the fantastical Sagrada Familia and brightly colored Parque Güell. You can also arrange day trips to the mountains or beaches of Catalonia to see a different side of this unique region.
Two nights at the Mercure Alberta Barcelona or similar. Breakfast provided.
Pack away souvenirs, dry those eyes, and say your goodbyes as you board your return flight to the US.
New York City (NYC) departures:
August 17 ($2,999)
August 31 ($2,099)
September 13 ($2,199)
October 25 ($2,199)
November 15 and December 13 ($1,799)
January 3, 2015 ($1,899)
January 31 and February 28, 2015 ($1,699)
April 4, 2015 ($2,599)
Priced per person based on double occupancy; see fine print.
"LivingSocial really made things easy by buying the voucher and having a travel agent get me all set up with my vacation! I was done buying and finalizing my trip, all within a couple of hours!"-- LivingSocial Member
"[T]he good news is that whatever you decide to do here, you’ll leave blown away by the sights, sounds, tastes and other sensations you’ll experience: there simply is no way to tour Europe and not be awestruck."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability * Book by Date: Customer must contact Merchant by July 24 for August departures and by August 12, 2014 for all other departures to make booking
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires $800 due at booking
- Includes Domestic Flights from London to Rome and Rome to Barcelona, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the London House Hotel (or Similar) in London, Three Nights at the Worldhotel Ripa Roma (or Similar) in Rome, and Three Nights at the Mercure Alberta Barcelona (or Similar) in Barcelona, Nine Breakfasts, Airline Taxes, and Fuel Surcharges
- Does not include Barcelona/Cataluna City Tax and the Rome City Tax, passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 4, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 4, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 4, 2015 • Enjoy By April 4, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings