Award-Winning B&B Near Historic Morganton, Lake James, and Asheville with Breakfast and Wine Tasting
The Inn At Glen Alpine • Glen Alpine, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Bella or Magnolia Suite, Sundays to Thursdays, Room-Only with Breakfast ($230)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Bella or Magnolia Suite, Sundays to Thursdays ($260)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Bella or Magnolia Suite, Fridays and Saturdays ($319)
- Daily Two-Course Breakfast for Two
- Welcome Bottle of Wine
- Wine Tasting for Two at Lake James Cellars Winery
- Treats from "My Local Bakery" in Morganton Upon Arrival
- Valid for Stays from November 14, 2016 to May 4, 2017
- Blackout Dates: November 24 to 28; December 22, 2016 to January 1, 2017; January 13 to 16; February 10 to 20; and April 14 to 17, 2017
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Time seems to stretch at the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Historic districts recall days of yore in towns like Glen Alpine and Morganton of Burke County, NC—settled by the Spanish 40 years before the English established Jamestown, Virginia. In nearby wild spaces like Lake James State Park, South Mountains State Park, Linville Gorge—also called the Grand Canyon of North Carolina—and Pisgah National Forest, nature trails wind through timeless forests and waterfalls splash ceaselessly. From hiking, swimming, or fishing in the warmer months to snowtubing in the winter, there is year-round outdoor activity at your fingertips in Burke County.
But time hasn't passed without any changes 'round these parts: Local wineries and breweries, antique malls, and art galleries beckon to pleasure-seekers, and farm-fresh restaurants are always cooking up something new. Plus, the famously scenic drive along Blue Ridge Parkway is just 30 minutes away, and the many attractions of Asheville, including the famous Biltmore Estate, are just 45 miles to the west.
Recently named one of the Best Romantic Weekend Getaways in North Carolina, The Inn at Glen Alpine is a 1913 country manor lovingly transformed into an inviting bed and breakfast dedicated to old-fashioned hospitality. Every season offers something to enjoy at the Inn. Relax in the beautiful and spacious parlor, lounge, and dining room, enjoying the eclectic interior design. The deep, shaded porch with outdoor heaters and fans encourages leisurely afternoons swirling a glass of wine in a rocking chair. And the five acres of grounds including 100-year-old shade trees and beautiful gardens provide a beautiful backdrop for your memorable stay. The innkeepers choose environmentally responsible policies whenever possible, from using natural cleaning products to LED lighting and eco-friendly toiletries to recycled and repurposed furnishings—allowing you to reduce your carbon footprint as you unwind.
Each guest suite features 100% cotton linens on a king-size bed, plush robes and towels, large closets, original century-old pine flooring, a 32-inch flat-screen TV with DVD player, and access to the common areas with a fridge, ice machine, tea- and coffeemaker, wine glasses and corkscrews, and the inn's DVD selection. Both suites have their individual charms, too:
Bella Suite. Admire the antique headboard and custom wallpaper before soaking in the original 1914 clawfoot tub or taking in the view from the eight-windowed sitting room.
Magnolia Suite. Relax amid antique furniture and the sitting area's chaise lounge, surveying the magnolia and dogwood trees from the spacious windows before enjoying a hot shower in the newly remodeled spa-like bathroom.
Excellent value and super experience. The owners are dedicated to operating a comfortable B&B and fully engaged to make their guests feel welcome.-- LivingSocial Member
Great old building, lovingly restored. Our hosts were gracious and very helpful. Food was plentiful and good. Great area to explore.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays from November 14, 2016 to May 4, 2017
- Book-by date: customer must contact merchant by February 28, 2017 to make booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 3 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes welcome bottle of wine; wine tasting; and treats from a local baker upon arrival
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- No pets allowed
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): November 24 to 28; December 22, 2016 to January 1; January 13 to 16; February 10 to 20; and April 14 to 17, 2017
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 4, 2017 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 4, 2022 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 4, 2017 • Enjoy By May 4, 2017
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings