See the Pyramids and Relax by the Red Sea in Egypt
Uncover the World Travel Limited •
- A 9-Day Land-Only Trip ($599 to $799 per Person) or a 10-Day Trip with Flights ($1,579 to $1,899 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York City, Washington, DC, or Los Angeles to Cairo (Flight-Inclusive Trip Only)
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation Between Airport and Hotels
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at The Oasis Hotel or Similar in Cairo; One Night at Pyramisa Isis Corniche Aswan Resort or Similar; One Night at Sonesta St. George Hotel, Steigenberger Nile Palace, or Similar in Luxor; Two Nights at Jaz Makadi Bay Oasis Resort or Similar in Hurghada; One Night on Board a Felucca Sailboat; and One Night in a Private Cabin with Fold-Down Twin Beds During Overnight Train Transportation
- 8 Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Four Dinners, Plus All Snacks and Soft Drinks at Jaz Makadi Bay Oasis Resort
- Overnight Felucca Sailboat Trip and Air-Conditioned Minibus Transportation for Sightseeing Tours per Itinerary
- English-Speaking Egyptologist Tour Guides Throughout Hotel Fees and Taxes
- Priced Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation by January 4, 2017
Selfies in front of the Great Pyramids are just the tip of the iceberg (so to speak) on this tour to some of Egypt's most well-known sights, including the Red Sea, during this tour from Encounters Travel.
Day 1: Depart from the US
• If you purchased your trip with flights, you'll board your included flight the day before your Egypt tour starts
Day 2: Arrive in Egypt
• For both flight-inclusive and land-only tours, an Encounters guide will meet you at Cairo airport
• Your guide will transfer you to your hotel near the Pyramids
Overnight at The Oasis Hotel or similar.
Day 3: King Tut & the Great Pyramids
• Visit the Egyptian Museum to see the fantastic Tutankhamen exhibit and ancient Egyptian artifacts
• Then, hop on a minibus to Giza, visiting the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids
• These and all other sightseeing tours are escorted by a professional Egyptologist guide
• In the evening, you'll be transferred to an overnight train to Aswan
Overnight in a private twin cabin on a sleeper train (flight upgrade available). Breakfast and dinner provided.
Day 4: Island Temple Tour
• Arrive in Aswan and transfer to the hotel
• Visit the picturesque island temple complex of Philae, stopping at the impressive Aswan Dam
• Spend the rest of the day exploring colorful souks and markets in town or watching the sun set over the Nile
Overnight at Isis Corniche Hotel or similar. Breakfast provided.
Day 5: Nile Cruise
• Enjoy a leisurely morning in Aswan on your own, or take an optional tour to the temples of Abu Simbel
• In the afternoon, you'll board a traditional felucca boat and cruise along the Nile
• A facilities boat will provide you with access to toilet and showers
• Enjoy a delicious evening meal prepared by the crew
Overnight on board felucca sailboat (luxury cruise upgrade available). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 6: Tour Dramatic Temples
• After a leisurely breakfast on board, bid farewell to the felucca
• Visit the nearby temples of Kom Ombo and Edfu before continuing on north to Luxor
• Explore the huge Karnak temple complex
• Take a walking tour of the beautiful Luxor Temple, which becomes dramatically lit at sunset
• Then, relax in luxury accommodations at your five-star hotel
Overnight at Sonesta St. George, Steigenberger Nile Palace, or similar. Breakfast provided.
Day 7: The Relics of Ancient Egypt
• Cross over the Nile early this morning to begin a tour of Luxor's West Bank
• You'll see the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatshepsut's temple, Medinet Habu, and the Colossi of Memnon
• In the afternoon, depart the Nile Valley for your trip to Hurghada along the Red Sea
• Check into your four-star resort, where you'll enjoy unlimited meals, snacks, and soft drinks
Overnight at Jaz Makadi Bay Oasis Resort or similar. Breakfast and dinner provided.
Day 8: Red Sea Resort
• Spend a free day however you wish beside the Red Sea
• Arrange a snorkeling or scuba diving excursion through the local Encounters representative
Overnight at Jaz Makadi Bay Oasis Resort or similar. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 9: Cairo
• In the morning, board your flight back to Cairo
• Spend the day exploring the area on your own
• Or, arrange a city tour or excursion to nearby pyramids through your travel guide
Overnight at The Oasis Hotel. Breakfast provided.
Day 10: Return Home
• Spend a free morning sightseeing or souvenir shopping
• Transfer to the airport for your flight back to the US
2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27 ($599)
6/10, 6/24, 7/8, 7/22, 8/5, 8/19, 8/26, 9/2, 9/9, 9/16, 9/23 ($599)
1/7, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25 , 4/1, 4/22, 4/29($649)
4/8 – 4/15 ($699)
12/17, 12/24, 12/28 ($799)
Departures from New York City (JFK):
2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, 9/8, 9/15, 9/22 ($1,579)
1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 3/3/, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/21, 4/28 ($1,649)
4/7, 4/14, 8/25, 9/1 ($1,699)
5/26, 6/9, 7/7, 7/21, 8/4, 8/18 ($1,779)
2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24 ($1,579)
Departures from Washington, DC (IAD):
1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 3/3, 4/21, 4/28($1,699)
3/24, 4/14, 5/5, 5/12 ($1,749)
3/10, 3/17, 3/31, 4/7 ($1,799)
8/4, 8/25, 9/1, 9/8, 9/15, 9/22 ($1,849)
5/26, 6/9, 7/7 ($1,999)
Departures from Los Angeles (LAX):
2/3, 2/24 ($1,649)
1/27, 2/10, 2/17, 3/10, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12 ($1,699)
1/13, 1/20, 3/3, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/14 ($1,749)
4/7, 8/18,8/25, 9/8, 9/15 ($1,899)
Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Couples will be provided a private double room.
In spite of political, financial and social turmoil, Egyptians remain proud and defiant and are as welcoming as ever to visitors. [...] With sand-covered tombs, austere pyramids and towering Pharaonic temples, Egypt brings out the explorer in all of us.-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 4 per customer, up to 4 additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name(s) exactly as given on your passport(s)
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by January 4, 2017 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please visit www.encounterstravel.com/booking_conditions.php
- Not valid toward existing reservations
- Voucher includes round-trip international flights from New York City, Washington DC, or Los Angeles to Cairo (flight-inclusive trip only); round-trip ground transportation between airport and hotels; double-occupancy accommodations for two nights at the Oasis Hotel or similar in Cairo; one night at Pyramisa Isis Corniche Aswan Resort or similar; one night at Sonesta St. George Hotel, Steigenberger Nile Palace, or similar in Luxor; two nights at Jaz Oasis Makadi Bay Resort or similar in Hurghada; one night on board a Felucca Sailboat; and one night in a private cabin with fold-down twin beds during overnight train transportation; 8 breakfasts, two lunches, and four dinners, plus all snacks and soft drinks at Jaz Oasis Makadi Bay Resort; overnight Felucca Sailboat trip and air-conditioned minibus transportation for sightseeing tours per itinerary; and English-speaking Egyptologist tour guides throughout hotel fees and taxes
- Visa fee for U.S. citizens are currently $25/person; available upon arrival. Some nationalities may require visas in advance. Please enquire for details. It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with visa requirements.
- Voucher does not include airfare for land-only options, compulsory travel insurance, meals not indicated in the itinerary, entrance fees budget $95), drinks, snacks, other personal expenses, tipping kitty ($30) & gratuities and any other items not mentioned
- Travel insurance covering medical costs and repatriation for medical reasons is mandatory; policy details must be provided to Encounter Travels at least 1 month before departure (policy number, name of the issuing company, and the policy emergency contact details); travel insurance covering cancellation and baggage is recommended but not mandatory. A comprehensive policy is available from Encounters Travel from $62. Health insurance is generally not sufficient; view all details at www.encounterstravel.com/travel_insurance.php
- Double occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (2 people sharing a room). Each of 2 guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Couples will be provided a private double room.
- Single travelers may choose to pay a single room supplement to guarantee themselves a single room throughout the tour. Alternatively, they may choose to share a twin/triple room with another traveler(s) of the same sex. If there are no other single travelers available to pair up with at the time of booking, then single travelers will need to pay the single room supplement ($279). Encounters Travel will refund this if they are able to arrange a room share. Room shares are arranged in order of booking.
- Travelers must be ages 12+
- Tour departures require a minimum of 2 travelers to run. Please do not book international flights or connecting travel until merchant confirms minimum numbers have been reached
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Passport with 6 months validity and required
- Bookings with Encounters Travel are only made after the voucher is redeemed and a booking confirmation email sent.
- After vouchers are redeemed Encounters Travel booking conditions and cancellation fees apply
- Review the State Department's website for passport requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 23, 2017 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 19, 2022 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 23, 2017 • Enjoy By September 23, 2017
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings