The Original Brew Tour brings you the best DC craft beer experience in the city! On this all-inclusive tour, you can explore the beer of our nation’s capital as you learn about beer history and the brewing process. Your guide will take you behind the curtain, where the brewmasters work their magic. Couple all that knowledge with a scrumptious beer and food pairing at lunch or dinner time for an unparalleled brew tour experience!
Taste award-winning beers on a 4 to 5 hour tour to 4 breweries in the Washington DC area. Itineraries vary as we tour several local brewery affiliates but tours may include:
Hellbender Brewing CO
Right Proper Brewing CO
3 Stars Brewing
Brookland Pint (food stop)
District Chophouse and Brewery (food stop)
Red Bear Brewing
Port City Brewing
We have highlighted some of them below to give you a better sense of this awesome experience!
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hellbender Brewing Company, 5788 2nd St NE, Washington DC, DC 20011-2524
These breweries are sample itineraries only. All schedules are subject to change. This handsomely-helmed DC brewery got its name from the Eastern Hellbender Salamander, which is the largest salamander in North America, and the third largest in the world! So, it’s safe to say that their beers boast BIG flavors. But they don’t just brew killer ales, they do it in an environmentally sound, super-efficient way using their hammer mill and mash filter to protect the earth from harsh effects and you from bad beer. Unlike any brewery on the east coast, Hellbender Brewing is able to use less grain and less water for all of its brews but brings you more flavor than you can even imagine. Let us take you on a behind the scenes tour of this brewery’s unique process and walk you through the science of why less really is more, and what makes Hellbender a must visit on any Washington, DC trip.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Right Proper Brewing Company, 920 Girard St NE, Washington DC, DC 20017-3424
Right Proper Brewing Company started as a vision that centered around DC as a hometown, with each neighborhood defined by a different culture. A vision of heading to your local pub to grab a fresh glass of beer that was brewed on premise. A vision that would be defined by the yeasts used to ferment the beer, as opposed to the hops used to bitter it.
This vision belonged to Thor Cheston, a DC Native who ditched medical school at Georgetown University to follow a passion for beer. After meeting John Snedden, owner of Rocklands BBQ, the two of them realized they had aligned visions, and opened their Brewpub: Right Proper. Right Proper Production Brewery followed, and allowed them to share their beers with DC restaurants, and still be a part of the community!
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Brookland Pint, 716 Monroe St NE, Washington, DC 20017, USA
Brookland Pint is committed to serving primarily draft beer to reduce their impact on recycling resources, a large percentage of their chef-driven, seasonal menu is sourced from local and regional farms, and most of their staff lives within walking distance to help minimize parking problems, traffic flow and reduce their carbon footprint. We know that’s a lot of science speak but their beer speaks for itself with flavors as fresh as a morning breeze using an energy source that comes from… wait for it… windmill farms.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: 3 Stars Brewing Company, 6400 Chillum Pl NW, Washington DC, DC 20012-2111
Dave Coleman and Mike Garvey created the 3 Stars concept in Mike’s basement, known as “the lab”, back in 2009. What started as a homebrewing hobby evolved into a business, and they were able to open their doors at 6400 Chillum Pl in 2012. Doubling their production every year since they have been opened, 3 Stars Brewing has kept to their roots of “The Lab,” brewing experimental batches, and pushing the envelope on innovating new drinking experiences, like their popular Peppercorn Saison or Southern Belle Imperial brown ale with toasted pecans.
Duration: 50 minutes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the activity starts.
- Pre-gaming is strictly prohibited. Anyone visibly intoxicated before the tour will not be allowed to attend and a refund will not be provided.
- For US citizens, please bring a non-expired state ID. If you are not from the US, please bring your passport.
- Open-toed shoes are not allowed due to safety concerns, especially in brewery settings. You must wear closed toe shoes.
- Minimum age is 21, no exceptions.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements or in the event of inclement weather. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Alcoholic Beverages - Up to 16 delicious craft beers to try!
- Local expert beer guide
- Round trip transportation
- Lunch or dinner included!
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Brew Tours - DC in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
deal is final saleMerchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings