Back in Time in Tahoe
Tahoma Meadows Cottages • Tahoma, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Any Day of the Week through May 25, or Sundays through Thursdays between May 26 and June 21
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- Nightly Wine and Cheese
- One of the Following: Waived Pet Fee, Full-Day Snowshoe Rental for Two, or Treats and Beverage Basket
There's a reason salmon risk life and—er, fin—to return to Lake Tahoe every year: 260 days of sunshine, as much as 500 inches of annual snowfall, and a lake so clear you can see a silver dollar shining at 50 feet.
But you don't have to risk anything to embark on this week's Escape to Tahoma Meadows Cottages, set on the decidedly low-key west shore of Lake Tahoe.
Make your way to this throwback property—a relic of Tahoe circa 1960—for a two-night stay for two ($194), any day of the week through May 25, or Sundays through Thursdays between May 26 and June 21 (upgrade to a weekend stay for $25).
Your cozy cottage comes complete with fireplace, private entrance, and clawfoot soaking tub and shower. Or, upgrade to a kitchen suite cottage for an extra $50 a night. You won't need your sleigh dog to get here, but he's welcome at no charge—this charming inn is a recent winner of the Golden Bone Award for exceptional service from DogFriendly.com.
Wake up to gourmet breakfast in the common room, where views abound—it becomes clear why this sanctuary was voted Best Bed and Breakfast on KCRA's A-List in 2009. Get out there with a pair of snowshoes (complimentary for guests not utilizing the dog portion of the deal) and explore the towering Jeffrey pine forests.
If skiing is your game, take a free shuttle to Homewood Mountain Resort, about five minutes up the road, or make the 30-minute jaunt to Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows. Fresh off the season's biggest snowfall, each of these three resorts boasts at least 50 inches of base snow.
Head back for the afternoon wine and cheese serving and, if you didn't opt for the snowshoe or dog amenity, enjoy a beverage and treat basket delivered to your door. All this appetizing is just a warm-up to the main event: dinner at one of the nearby eateries offering discounts to Tahoma guests—fine dining at the lakefront Sunnyside Restaurant being a local favorite.
Don't let this Escape be the one that got away. When it comes to vacations, there may be other fish in the sea—but this one's the catch of a lifetime.
"It's hard to beat Tahoma Meadows for atmosphere and woodsy charm; it's a great retreat for families and couples."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit two per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy; additional person fees may apply, $25/guest/night
- Upgrades available
- Taxes/Resort fees not included and payable directly to the property upon reservation with credit card
- Valid on the B&B Cottage; based on double occupancy
- Property is pet friendly, if approved and booked in advanced; fees apply
- Upgrades may be available at the time of booking, for extra fee paid directly to the property; upgrade to kitchen suite cottage $50 per night (Angler, Boathouse, Edelweiss, Aspen); Birdhouse and Mt. Hideway upgrade $25 per night
- Blackouts may exist, including but not limited to weekends from May 25-June 21, 2012 and all legal holidays
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 21, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 21, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 21, 2012 • Enjoy By June 21, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings