Historic Elegance in Bay City
The Historic Webster House • Bay City, MI
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Signature or Magistrate Room, with Check-In Beginning Sundays through Wednesdays ($212)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Signature or Magistrate Room, Fridays and Saturdays ($232)
- Daily Gourmet Three-Course Breakfast
- One-Night Private Use of Spa and Sauna
- Two Complimentary Desserts with Purchase of Two Entrees at Old City Hall Restaurant
- Wine and Cheese Reception
- Complimentary Beverages, Turndown Service, and Wi-Fi
True scholars didn't fall head-over-heels for history in the classroom: The best way to learn is by doing, so dust off this week's romantic Escape to The Historic Webster House in Bay City, Michigan, about an hour and a half north of Detroit.
Replace required reading with relaxation during your two-night stay for two in the Signature or Magistrate Room with check-in beginning Sundays through Wednesdays ($212). Or stay Friday and Saturday nights ($232). In addition to peace and quiet, you and your sweetheart will receive daily gourmet breakfast; a wine and cheese reception; and complimentary beverages, turndown service, and Wi-Fi.
Together you'll crack open The Historic Webster House like a well-worn tome. Though Thomas E. Webster constructed it way back in 1886, innkeepers Frank and Gail Partee keep this elegant home in tip-top shape and serve gourmet three-course breakfasts each morning.
As you leaf through the chapters, you'll see that your two room choices provide diverse experiences. The more modern Magistrate Room is a third-floor love nest with several skylights, while the Signature Room's carved cherry headboard and marble bath offer an Old World version of luxury. You'll also enjoy an intimate evening to yourselves with one night of private use of the spa and sauna.
Delve into an even earlier volume as you stroll hand-in-hand through downtown Bay City, just a short walk away. You'll rub elbows with locals, many of whom claim that legendary American folk hero Paul Bunyan was based on a Bay City resident. Update your look with fashions from charming boutiques or discover time-honored treasures at the Bay City Antiques Center.
When dinnertime rolls around, turn the page on hunger with a table for two at Old City Hall Restaurant, where you'll receive two complimentary desserts with the purchase of two entrees. Toast to alone time with drinks from a selection that features over 150 wines and 23 beers on tap, ranging from local Michigan brews to upscale imports.
Don't settle for an ordinary getaway when your epic romance deserves an adventure for the ages. This week's Escape is one history book you won't want to put back on the shelf.
"Every inch of The Historic Webster House is filled with quality décor. The host and hostess were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious. The weekend was superb."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and must be made by August 22, 2012; subject to availability
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: Thanksgiving Eve and Day 2012, Christmas Eve and Day 2012, New Years Eve 2012, Valentines Day 2012 (February 10-18, 2012), St. Patrick's holiday (March 16-17, 2012), Boat races (June 23-24, 2012), July Fourth Celebration (July 4-7, 2012), September 3-4, 2012, Hell's Half Mile Film Festival (October 3-7, 2012), November 21-22, 2012, December 24-25, 2012, Valentine's Day 2013 (February 8-16, 2013)
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- May be applied to upgraded suites
- Taxes/Resort fees not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes One-Night Use of Spa and Sauna, Two Deserts with the Purchase of Two Entrees at Old City Hall, Wine and Cheese Reception, Complimentary Beverages During Stay
- Weekday package: check-in Sunday through Wednesday
- Weekend package: check-in Friday or Saturday
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 22, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 22, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 22, 2013 • Enjoy By February 22, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings