History and Taste: A Perfect Pair in Virginia Wine Country
Mayhurst Inn Bed & Breakfast • Orange, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($387) or Fridays and Saturdays ($465)
- Daily Plantation-Style Breakfasts for Two
- Gourmet Multi-Course Dinner for Two at The Inn at Meander Plantation
- Evening Wine Tasting and Pairing Class with Hors D'oeuvres
- Tasting Certificates, Maps, and Info About Eight Local Wineries with Boxed Lunch for Two
- Chocolate Truffles and Bottled Water In Room
- Soft Drinks, Snacks, and Fresh Cookies
- Free Wi-Fi, Parking, and Concierge Service
Just one mile from the historic Mayhurst Plantation Manor House in Orange, Virginia, some of the bloodiest Civil War contests were fought. You'd never know it, though, when you Escape to the luxurious Mayhurst Inn Bed & Breakfast for a retreat of historic proportions at this property surrounded by 37 acres of manicured lawns, green gardens, and rolling Virginia Piedmont.
History meets taste during a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($387) or Fridays and Saturdays ($465) at this 9,200-square-foot Italianate Victorian plantation that's listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. Each individually decorated guest room features a private bath, working fireplace, down pillows, and luxury linens at the same spot that entertained Generals Robert E. Lee, Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, and 18,000 soldiers. Free parking, Wi-Fi, and a full plantation-style breakfast for two await.
The river runs red—with wine—at this historic haven known for its palate-pleasing Southern fare. Upon arrival, sate your sweet tooth with chocolate truffles before an evening that begins with the inn's signature wine tasting-and-pairing class, complemented with sumptuous hors d'oeuvres.
Later, ready yourself for a gourmet, multi-course dinner for two at The Inn at Meander Plantation—voted "Best of Virginia" for wine tasting, dinners, and special events by Virginia Wine Lover magazine.
During the day, get ready to charge into more full-bodied bliss with tasting certificates as well as maps and info for eight local wineries plus a delicious boxed lunch for two.
Whether you and your second lieutenant are Civil War buffs keen on visiting one of six nearby battlefields, or you're only interested in the history of a well-aged bottle of Cabernet, you're likely to get a good old-fashioned lesson in American culture and heritage on this Escape.
After a trip to the glorious gardens of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello or James Madison's Montpelier, hunger doesn't stand a fighting chance at the Inn at Meander Plantation, boasting such dishes as wild-mushroom risotto, ginger-salmon wontons, and roasted rack of local lamb with sage and carrot cream.
Take leave from the boring battlegrounds of the every day with an Escape to the Southern hospitality Mayhurst is famous for. That's an order.
For additional information, visit Mayhurst Inn Bed & Breakfast on Facebook.
"We were stunned at the ornate beauty of the Italianate Victorian design. It's strikingly beautiful. The foyer extends through four floors. The rooms have been decorated with taste, care, and attention to detail. The new bathrooms are totally modern."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit two per purchaser, up to six additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 10 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Upgrade to Premier Room for $50 per night; subject to availability
- Blackout dates are all holidays, March 4-6, the months of May and June, July 29- August 2, the month of October, November 20-22 and December 23-27
- Weekend (Friday-Saturday) dates available are February 24-25; March 2-3, 2012; December 7-8; 14-15; January 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, and 25-26, 2013; February 1-2 and 22-23, 2013
- Wine pairing can be added to dinner at Meander Plantation for $25 per person
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and gratuity not included and will be collected at check-out
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings