Cultural Getaway to Slovakia's Exciting Historic Capital
Abba Bratislava Hotel • Bratislava, Slovakia
- Two- (£199) or Three-Night (£299) Stay for Two in Executive Room
- Daily Breakfast and Parking Included
- Dinner on One Night
- Bottle of Cava and Flowers in Room
- Late Checkout
- Flight Options with Ryanair and easyJet from Most London Airports (Not Included)
If you're a pub quiz fan then tuck this little fact away for future reference: Bratislava is the only capital in the world to border two other countries, Austria and Hungary, being within a short distance of both. So if you like to make the most of your holidays, you'll love this week's Escape. Well, why go to just one country when you have access to three?
We're offering a two-night midweek break for two people at the Abba Bratislava Hotel for just £199 (up to a £389.30 value). Alternatively, opt for three nights for £299 (up to a £515.95 value) in midweek. The hotel is 8km from Bratislava airport—you can drive, or take the 61 bus which runs to the central bus station every 10 minutes. From here, take trolly bus number 206 to stop Hodžovo Námestie, then walk to the hotel. If you arrive by train to the main station, simply walk to Štefánikova Street, where Abba is located.
Check into the city centre hotel—located next to the Presidential Palace and just a stroll away from the Danube riverside—and you'll receive a bottle of cava and a bunch of flowers in your room on arrival. Your Executive Room is designed to offer maximum comfort, and will ensure you'll be making the most of the late checkout. Your break also includes a breakfast buffet each day, and a romantic dinner for two on one night of your choice in the Abba Mia Restaurant, which serves a variety of Slovakian and international cuisine.
Stock up on more facts by visiting the Slovak National Musuem, which features exhibits on the natural and anthropological history of the region, and then preprare to blitz the culture round with a visit to the Slovak National Gallery. You'll be spoilt for castles, with Bratislava Castle in the city centre and Devin Castle just a 30-minute bus ride from town. A stroll along the Danube or a leisurely drink in one of the many street cafes will help you to soak up the atmosphere.
Those looking to spread their wings outside the city could take a trip along the Slovakia's wine trail—a string of vineyards to the northeast of Bratislava. An hour to the west is Vienna, with its spectacular palaces and world-famous opera, and you can also travel south to Hungary and tick off your third country: Budapest is a three-hour train ride from Bratislava's main station, Hlavná Stanica.
We won't be testing you when you get back, but make sure you're quick off the mark to catch today's deal as it won't be around for long.
"The pedestrian decks of the New and Old Bridges are good places to watch the river traffic, including huge Danube barges, glide past. Alternatively, you can take to the water yourself: daily hydrofoil services link the city with nearby Vienna."-- Visit Bratislava
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- Limit three purchases per person; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by December 31 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in an executive room; upgrades available, enquire when booking
- Voucher includes daily breakfast and parking included, dinner on one night, bottle of Cava and flowers in room and late checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 49% savings