Glitz and Glamour on the Gold Coast
The Sutton Place Hotel • Chicago, IL
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Sutton King Room ($109) or Junior Suite ($149) with Late 1 p.m Checkout
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Two-Story Grand Suite with $100 to Spend on Room Service or at The Whiskey Bar & Grill ($799)
- Combine Up to Three Vouchers for a Total of Three Nights of Stay
Get the gilt without the guilt: You're on an excursion into Chicago's Gold Coast with this week's Escape. Make your way to The Sutton Place Hotel in Near North for a one-night stay for two, including late 1 p.m. checkout, in a Sutton King Room ($109) or Junior Suite ($149).
Fourteen-karat accommodations feature robes, slippers, and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries and are outfitted with pillow-top mattresses and deep soaking tubs. Escapees panning for the plushest pad can book the two-story Grand Suite for $799.
Precious metals aside, you'll find the largest collection of original Robert Mapplethorpe floral photographs on the walls throughout this hotel—true nuggets of modern art history to behold again and again.
Awaken from golden slumbers to head downstairs for breakfast at The Whiskey Bar & Grill, where Escapees staying in the Grand Suite will have $100 to spend (or, opt for room service). Weekend brunches include an "internationally inspired" Bloody Mary selection and a special mimosa and Bellini bar.
The Sutton Place, a Thompson Hotel, is steps from the Mag Mile and some of the finest dining Chi-Town has to offer. You'd be anything but a fool to rush into The Signature Lounge, where you can sip on cocktails—garnished with 360-degree views of the city—on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Center.
Be sure to bring your AmEx Gold Card for one-of-a-kind shopping at Oak Street boutiques. From Hermès to Vera Wang, Jimmy Choo to Tory Burch, and David Yurman to Barneys, you'll feel like you're gliding along in a flaxen fantasy that serious shopaholics have only dreamt of.
"New mansions continue to spring up alongside the grand residences built by Chicago's 19th-century elite," says Explore Chicago of the neighborhood. "From hotel-magnate Potter Palmer's castle-like mansion to the Astor Street Historical District's beautiful brownstones, the architectural riches are boundless."
Consider this Escape a lesson in urban beachcombing—you never know what treasures might wash ashore during your stay along this Golden Coast.
"Talk about art in unexpected places: the largest single collection of original Robert Mapplethorpe floral photographs graces the walls. Rooms—decorated in calming sage and neutral tones—have sound-resistant walls, down duvets, and three phones."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to three (3) vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Valid for rooms with king beds only. May upgrade to double beds for an additional $10. Additional fees should be paid directly to merchant at time of redemption
- Additional fees apply for additional people
- Blackout dates: March 9 – 12, 2012, March 24, 2012, April 20, 2012, and April 25 – 28, 2012
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Must be 21+ years to consume alcohol
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2012 • Enjoy By April 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings