A River Runs Through It in the Smoky Mountains
Creekwalk Inn at Whisperwood Farm • Cosby, TN
- A Four-Night Stay for Two in the Little Cataloochee, Grotto Falls, Jumpoff, or Balsam Mountain Room
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Daily Packed Lunches for Two
- Apple Pie-Making Class
- Hiking Map
An adventurous traveler usually has a few qualities in common with rivers: Both have the strength to traverse over great stretches of land, the flexibility to move at different speeds, and the good fortune to pop up in some of the world's most beautiful places.
Trickle down to Cosby, Tennessee, for an Escape for two to the Creekwalk Inn at Whisperwood Farm, and go with the flow for four nights in the Great Smoky Mountains ($554).
Evoking the country charm of its pastoral surroundings, the inn features décor like quilted beds and tree-branch headboards, and some rooms have doors leading to the porch. All dripping with coziness, the Little Cataloochee, Grotto Falls, Jumpoff, or Balsam Mountain Room are yours to choose from. Unwind on an early-evening stroll along the inn's namesake creek, before drifting off to the sound of crickets.
In the morning, flood your plate with a gourmet breakfast served in bed, in the dining room, or on the porch. Every entrée—such as the brandied peach French toast with apple-cured bacon or the asparagus and portabella quiche with a sausage roll—is prepared using local or organic ingredients whenever possible. Once the last bite has washed over your taste buds, then it's about time to visit America's most visited national park.
Follow the current of more than 150 official paths through Great Smoky Mountains National Park, including the Ramsey Cascades and the Appalachian Trail, and then open your pre-packed meal for lunch beneath the trees.
Later, take in the wildlife at Cades Cove or drive along Newfound Gap Road to take in panoramic vistas. When you're not using your including hiking map to see the best sights in the park you can plunge into a pie-baking class at the inn. Afterward, enjoy the perfect ending to a splendid mountain getaway: a slice of fresh-out-of-the-oven pie.
With a price tag that is a bit watered down, you can go full stream ahead to the Smoky Mountains.
"After a soak in our whirlpool tub and a restful night, we awoke to an amazing breakfast. And we came back from a long day of hiking to freshly baked cookies and a waiting umbrella to ward off the rain."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of two weeks applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- May upgrade to Deluxe Cabin with hot tub for $199 during the week and $299 on weekends; subject to availability at time of booking
- Upgrades to Deluxe Cabin during the month of October is $299 for weekday and weekends; subject to availability at time of booking
- Reservations during holiday weeks require an additional $500
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and service fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012 • Enjoy By December 20, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings