Romance a la Romana
Albergo Villa Casanova • Lucca, Italy
- A Three- ($879) or Four-Night ($999) Stay for Two between March 1 and May 31, 2012, in a Classic Suite
- Or, a Three- ($1,098) or Four-Night ($1,390) Stay for Two between June 1 to June 28, 2012, in a Classic Suite
- Four-Course Dinner and Glass of Prosecco for Two on One Night
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Wine Tasting and Canapes for Two
- One Complimentary Shuttle to Lucca City Center for Three-Night Stays, Two Complimentary Shuttles to Lucca City Center for Four-Night Stays
- Suite Decorated with Rose Petals, Chocolates, and Candles
It's what's known as the "Madama Butterfly" effect—the seemingly insignificant act of reading a few short words blossoms into the most impossibly romantic, forever memorable getaway. Exhibit A: This week's Escape to an 18th century villa in Lucca, Puccini's hometown in Tuscany.
Set your loved one's heart aflutter at Albergo Villa Casanova, set amid acres of woodland in which you'll sample an opulent suite decorated with rose petals, chocolates, and candles.
Opt for a three- ($879) or four-night ($999) stay for two between March 1 and May 31, 2012, in a Classic Suite; or a three- ($1,098) or four-night ($1,390) stay for two between June 1 and June 28, 2012, in a Classic Suite.
Though we'd understand your staying cocooned in these boutique surroundings—restaurant, sweeping terraces, swimming pool, tennis court—we'd still recommend that you take the included transfer into the Lucca city center (one transfer for three-night stays, two transfers for four-night stays), about ten minutes away.
Let romance take flight as you stroll the streets, which were laid out in Roman times and are surrounded by Renaissance-era city walls, including the extraordinary Torre Guinigi (a 130-foot tower with an ancient oak tree on top) and the lavish 13th-century mosaic facade of the San Frediano Church. Be sure to admire the vividly colored art in the National Museum of Villa Guinigi, and the award-winning nectar found at Brùton, a laid-back brewery inside a vast converted farmhouse.
Back to the chrysalis: Your 200-square-foot suite is fully air conditioned and divided into a separate sitting room, luxurious bathroom with double-ended bathtub, and large bedroom featuring the most magnificentbed—perfect for the night you get to feast on an included four-course dinner for two with a glass of Prosecco, not to mention the breakfast for two each morning.
There's you at your computer; and then there's the gracious villa, sun beating down on a fertile plain near the Tyrrhenian Sea in northwest Italy—you're just one click from instigating the "Madama Butterfly" effect.
''Lucca is famous for its Renaissance-era city walls that have remained intact while so many other Tuscan towns saw theirs destroyed in past centuries.''-- Discover Tuscany
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Valid for bookings starting March 1, 2012 and stay must be completed by June 28, 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher includes a four-course dinner and glass of Prosecco for two on one night, daily breakfast for two, a wine tasting and canapes for two, and the suite is decorated with rose petals, chocolates, and candles
- Three-night stay includes one complimentary transportation to Lucca city center, four-night stay offers two transfers
- Deal based on double occupancy in a classic suite, decorated upon request for any one day/night as a romantic package
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, four-course dinner with glass of prosecco each on one evening and transfer to Lucca City Centre
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 28, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 28, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 28, 2012 • Enjoy By June 28, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings