Small-Town Texan Charm
Knittel Homestead Inn • Burton, TX
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($149) Including a $20 In-House Dining Credit
- Or, A Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays ($229), Including a $25 In-House Dining Credit, Fresh Flowers, and a Tour and Experience at Saddlehorn Winery
- Daily Three-Course Breakfast
- Soft Drinks, Snacks, and Wi-Fi
Although not technically the namesake of acclaimed director Tim Burton, we think any town that shares such a moniker must exude absolute brilliance. With this week's delightful Escape, discover the whimsy and charm of the Knittel Homestead Inn, located in the lovely hamlet of Burton, Texas.
Whether you're staying in the Bungalow or Flora Rooms, the Lodge, or the Paris Apartment, you'll feel you're in a wonderland from the moment you arrive. Enjoy a two-night stay for you and your favorite Queen of Hearts, Sundays through Thursdays, including a three-course breakfast each morning and a $20 in-house dining credit ($149).
Or, book a stay for Fridays and Saturdays and savor a three-course breakfast each morning, a $25 in-house dining credit, a fresh flower arrangement in your room, and a tour and tasting at a nearby winery ($229). All Escapees will be treated to complimentary soft drinks, snacks, and Wi-Fi.
Halfway between Austin and Houston, the inn comes alive in the spring and summer months, surrounded by blooming natural wildflowers. You'll feel ages away from the crowded city at this inn, restored from two elegant historic homes, providing that sublime quiet getaway from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Forget teatime with the Mad Hatter. Instead, put your dining credit to good use and delve into a summer menu of delights like freshly prepared artisan pizza and salads delivered to your guest room.
The hospitality of the innkeepers leave guests grinning like the Cheshire Cat, as they rave that "the rooms are adorable, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast is amazing! Steve and Carmen are the perfect hosts; I am looking forward to my next visit!" All you'll have left to do is relax on the porch and enjoy the call of the local birds from the comfort of the inn, or head out and enjoy what the countryside has to offer.
And that would be quite a lot. This corner of Texas is famous for concerts, festivals, antiques shopping, and other easygoing activities, sure to fill your days with rest and relaxation. Wend your way through the rolling hills, try on some local history at the Texas Cotton Gin Museum, play on the shores of Lake Somerville, and take your licks at the Blue Bell Creamery with its famous, old-fashioned ice cream.
Don't be late for a very important date at the Saddlehorn Winery, where an included tour and tasting at the locally lauded vineyard takes you on a journey to wine lover's paradise.
With so much to do and see, it's time to tumble down the rabbit hole and sate your wanderlust with an Escape to this Texan wonderland.
"If you want to be treated like a king or a queen, the Knittel Homestead Inn is the place to be. You can sit and relax on the wide front porch, go for a walk in the quaint town of Burton, shop in Steve's Antique Barn, or just relax in your cozy room."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit three per purchaser, up to three additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation and rebooking require at least a 30-day notice, vouchers and upgrades are subject to forfeiture. Reservation changes less than 30-day notice will require a 10% service charge, no exceptions.
- Vouchers include Daily Three-Course Breakfast, Soft Drinks, Snacks, and Wi-Fi
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Blackout dates: September 26 - October 7, 2012
- Credit card and voucher number will be required to make reservation.
- Offer limited to the following rooms, the Paris Apartment, Flora’s Room, the Bungalow Room, the Lodge Room
- Each voucher valid for two adults (no children)
- Taxes/resort fees not included and payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2012 • Enjoy By November 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings