Celebrating Vail at 50
Evergreen Lodge • Vail, CO
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Mountain View Room between April 16 and May 31 ($85)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Mountain View Room between Now and April 15 ($349)
- Daily Breakfast Buffet for Two, Complimentary Parking, and Wi-Fi
- Welcome Wine Basket
They say 50 is the new 30. In the case of Vail, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, it's an apt cliche. It's still the country's largest ski area, but the town is back on the map as one of Colorado's hippest, most happening spots thanks to a recent influx of restaurants, boutiques, and nightlife.
Celebrate 50 years young with this week's Escape to the Evergreen Lodge at Vail, situated within a short walk of the slopes. You'll get a one-night stay for two between April 16 and May 31 ($85) or a two-night stay for two between now and April 15 ($349).
Both options include a daily breakfast buffet, a welcome basket, parking, wireless Internet, and accommodations in a spacious Queen Mountain View Room. Each room, at 365 square feet, is appointed with a pillow-top bed, TV with cable, and private bathroom with dual vanities and marble counters. Or, upgrade to a King Room with a sitting area for an additional $10 per night (based on availability).
After you've torn up Vail's famously powder-rich bowls and the rest of its more than 5,000 acres of skiable terrain—serviced by a whopping 33 lifts, including 18 high-speed quads—return to the Evergreen and toss a few back at the Altitude Club Billiards & Sports Bar. It features tons of HDTVs, pool tables, air hockey, a full bar, and a rollicking yet friendly atmosphere.
For a taste of what's put the town back on the food map, drop into the new Matsuhisa Vail. At the helm of this Peruvian-Japanese fusion bistro (think lobster ceviche and lamb with beef heart) is celebrity chef Nobu Matsuhisa, whose background at hot spots in Beverly Hills and Tribeca lend Vail a bit of cosmopolitan flair.
Not that Vail is becoming Los Angeles. It's still the low-key, high-alpine town it was in 1962, when it was founded. Only now its off-mountain attractions hold up to its epic on-mountain terrain. Help yourself to a bit of both, but remember that next week will never be the new now—get this Escape while it's hot.
"Vail has been a celebrated super-resort since the 1970s, when it was propelled to stardom by President Gerald Ford, whose family vacationed here. Off the slopes, Vail is a compact replica of a Tyrolean village, full of restaurants, hotels, and shops."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 30 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include breakfast buffet for two and a welcome basket
- Blackout dates include 4/22-4/24
- Taxes (9.8% tax) and resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Based on double occupancy; additional person fee applies of $20 per night for guests 8 and older; free for guests 7 and younger and additional daily charge includes breakfast
- Pet policy: Pets are allowed inside the property at $25 additional per night
- Check in: 4 p.m.; Check out: 11 a.m.
- Smoking policy: No smoking inside the property
- Room upgrades: Guests may upgrade to a king upon availability for an additional $10 per night
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • Enjoy By May 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings