Raleigh Your Spirits in Serene Dorset
The Eastbury • Sherborne, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two in a Double Room
- Two-Course Meal for Two in the Two AA Rossette Restaurant on One Night
- Daily Breakfast
Before the lure of a mythological City of Gold called Sir Walter Raleigh out to sea, he fell in love with picturesque Sherborne and its castle, and leased the land from Queen Elizabeth. He ought to have retired in this charming Dorset market town—rather than continue his ill-advised El Dorado adventures.
All that glitters is not necessarily good for you, but an Escape to The Eastbury is certainly worth its weight in precious metal. For £169 you can indulge in a two-night stay for two in a Double Room at this boutique townhouse hotel—up to a £339 value. With no two rooms the same, but all luxuriously inviting, you can also sit back and unwind outside within an acre of wonderous walled garden.
Dine one night at the hotel's two AA Rosette restaurant, where you'll sample locally sourced and seasonal delights. Start with the likes of treacle glazed salmon with fennel bhajis or roasted Lyme Bay scallops with wild garlic linguine, before moving on to a duck breast and confit leg with butter bean purée and Rampisham pancetta, or wild bass with coastal finds and shrimps.
After getting ready for the day with your included breakfast each morning, venture out from the hotel to the bustling historic main street, filled with independent shops set amongst awe-inspiring architecture. The nearby Sherborne Castle, built by Sir Walter Raleigh himself, is surrounded by the shimmering Sherborne Lake, while the ruins of the original Sherborne Old Castle that initially caught the explorer's eye is set a little further north amongst serene countryside.
The Eastbury is also perfectly placed for those wishing to branch out and explore all that Somerset and West Dorset have to offer; such as the nearby towns of Yeovil and Dorchester, or a trip down to the ancient splendour of the Jurassic Coast.
Raleigh came a cropper chasing a 24-karat on a stick, but today's Escape is the real deal: seize it now and delve into Dorset's many treasures instead.
"The Conservatory Restaurant at the Eastbury Hotel in Sherborne, is light, airy, and individual."-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 3 September 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Limited availability on a Friday and Saturday. If at time of booking a standard room is not available, it is possible to upgrade: £20 supplement per room per night, payable directly to the hotel, to upgrade to a superior room or £40 per room per night to upgrade to a luxury room
- Voucher valid for two-course meal for two in the two AA rossette restaurant on one night and daily breakfast
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 3, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 3, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 3, 2012 • Enjoy By September 3, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings