Steal Away to a Romantic County Derry Castle
Dungiven Castle • Dungiven, Co Derry, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two in a Double Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Three-Course Meal for Two with a Bottle of Wine
- Bottle of Prosecco and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries in Room
- City of Derry Walking Tour
Dungiven Castle has seen more action than most others of its type. First built in the 17th Century by the O'Cahan clan, it's hosted everything from American soliders during WWII to boogying revellers as a dance hall in the '50s and '60s: it's since been converted to a hotel, and voted one of the Guardian's Top 10 Country B&Bs.
If you feel like having a right royal get down in lovingly refurbished surroundings, get a two-night stay for two in a double room at the four AA-star hotel for £185 (up to a £413 value). Settle into your elegantly decorated room—complete with views of the surrounding countryside, a welcome bottle of Prosecco, and chocolate covered strawberries in your room—and wonder that this magnificent and lavishly appointed building was once earmarked for demolition.
Also included in your stay in a three-course meal in the hotel's award-winning restaurant, complete with a bottle of wine, to be enjoyed on one night of your stay. Tango with the likes of Dublin Bay prawns or Tipperary brie wrapped in filo pastry with a raspberry coulis to start, before moving on to home-cooked mains like fish pie or Dublin gammon with a whisky apple sauce. A final flirt with the rotating dessert board will have you feeling like dancing a jig—if, of course, you can move.
After your daily breakfast you'll also have the chance to experience historic Derry with a City of Derry Walking Tour. One of the finest walled cities in Europe, the aspect from the walls reveals the original Renaissance street plan, and outside the walls, you'll find plenty of opportunities to shop and stroll.
If you're keen to simply enjoy Derry's verdant landscape, there's a wealth of historic spots to discover nestled amongst the rolling hills surrounding Dungiven; and The Giant's Causeway also lies just a car journey north, where thousands of basalt columns dramatically stretch out into the sea.
Late checkout is included on your final day, so it'll feel more slow dance than jitterbug—just click 'Buy Now' for a waltz with County Derry.
"Spacious, elegant bedrooms overlook the 22 acres of landscaped gardens, with the Sperrin Mountains providing a stunning backdrop."-- The Guardian
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- Limit 1 purchase per person; additional as gifts
- One voucher is valid for two people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 17 September 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Limited availability on weekends in June
- £4 supplement will be charged when ordering steak
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, three-course meal for two with a bottle of wine, bottle of Prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries in room and city of Derry walking tour
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 17, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 17, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 17, 2012 • Enjoy By September 17, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 55% savings