In Provincetown, a Fall Haven for Luxurists
Brass Key Guesthouse • Provincetown, MA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Room with a Queen- ($325) or King-Size ($395) Bed on Sundays through Thursdays from September 23 to November 1 or Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from November 2 to November 25, 2012
- $20 Dining Credit for the Bistro at Crowne Pointe Inn
- $20 Spa Credit
- Bottle of Wine
Quaint, two-block-wide, three-mile-long Provincetown, Massachusetts, is perhaps best known as the place where the Mayflower made its landing in 1620. But the Cape Cod town's more modern claim to fame is as an artists' enclave, a favorite getaway for legendary painters like Mark Rothko, Franz Kline, and Jackson Pollock. This autumn Escape, to the luxe Brass Key Guesthouse, makes it easy to see why they found it so inspiring.
You and your muse will create plenty of memories with a two-night stay—Sundays through Thursdays from September 23 to November 1; Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from November 2 to November 25, 2012—in a beautifully appointed room with a queen- ($325) or king-size ($395) bed, embellished with sumptuous linens and serene, softly lit décor that helped earn the property a spot on Condé Nast Traveler's Gold List in 2011. The innkeepers mind the finely drawn details here, offering not only free Wi-Fi but also loaner laptops, a complimentary expanded Continental breakfast, a gorgeous infinity pool, and evening wine-and-cheese soirées.
The gated hideaway sits a block off Provincetown Harbor and is steps away from the town's main drag, Commercial Street, which is lined with cultural attractions. Start with the acclaimed Provincetown Art Association and Museum, which hosts gallery shows for many an art world star. Then wander the contemporary Bowersock Gallery, the garden sculptures at The Charles-Baltivik Gallery, and the colorful Alden Gallery.
"No trip to Cape Cod would be complete without a visit to the Cape Cod National Seashore on the Outer Cape and an afternoon barefoot stroll along the 'The Great Beach,' where you see exactly why the Cape attracts artists and poets," says Frommer's.
Hike or bike the National Seashore's trails; schedule a whale-watching tour with the Dolphin Fleet (available until mid-October); or climb to the top of the Pilgrim Monument for a bird's-eye view of the Cape.
There's one type of artist you won't identify with here—the starving one. You'll receive a $20 dining credit for the Bistro at Crowne Pointe Inn, the Fodor's Choice and Zagat-rated restaurant at the Brass Key's sister property across the street.
"The kitchen serves finely crafted, healthful, modern American food, such as wakame-crusted tuna sashimi with a spicy blood orange-mango-wasabi drizzle, followed by smoky-seared duck breast with sautéed-carrot coulis and Asian vegetables, and prosciutto-wrapped pork tenderloin with a thyme-caramelized-onion-and-wild-mushroom sauce," says Fodor's review of Bistro at Crowne Pointe Inn.
When you're ready to let your mind wander, head to the plush and serene Shui Spa, where a $20 credit goes toward treatments like the Chardonnay Facial (complete with a glass of local wine), Shui Spa Combination Massage, and an Earth & Sea Scrub. The blissed-out indulgence is the perfect final brushstroke to this masterpiece of an Escape.
"Brass Key Guesthouse, a compound of six buildings, is the place to stay in Provincetown. With Ritz-Carlton-style amenities and service in mind, the innkeepers have created a paean to luxury."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellations more than 7 days notice, loss of deposit (which is tax only on package) less than 7 days notice loss of entire package
- Blackout dates are 10/7 and 10/10-11
- No specific room requests, rooms are assigned by the hotel based on availability
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes are not included and will be collected by redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 25, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 25, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 25, 2012 • Enjoy By November 25, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings