Hot Springs, Cool Summer in Midway
Homestead Resort • Midway, UT
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Garden Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($149) or Fridays and Saturdays ($169)
- 20% Off Two Resort Activities
Long before the podium, the only way to silver and gold in Park City was through a hole in the ground. But whether you were a miner in the late 19th century or an athlete in the early 21st, chances are you sought reprieve from the sweat and tears of your lifeblood in the hot springs around the Wasatch Mountains.
One such spring—The Crater—has drawn more attention than the others. A 55-foot-tall limestone rock in the shape of a beehive, The Crater is filled with clear-blue water heated by geothermal forces, and it's the unique property of Homestead Resort, where this week's Escape buys you a one-night stay for two in a Garden Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($149) or Fridays and Saturdays ($169).
You'll also get 20 percent off two resort activities—golfing or spa treatments, for example—plus 10 percent off food and beverages at Fanny's Grill, serving breakfast and lunch every day, or dinner at the recently reopened Simon's Restaurant.
Built in 1886, this Midway resort about an hour from Salt Lake, and only 30 minutes from Deer Valley and Park City resorts, comprises 19 buildings connected by a network of paths. Each unit is equipped with its own entrance, and Garden Rooms feature Sealy mattress sets with luxe satin sheets and down pillows, plus Wi-Fi and cable TV.
Book a tee time at the on-site par-72 golf course, which wends its way through more than 7,000 yards of well-manicured greens, fairways, water hazards, bunkers, and trees in the beautiful Heber Valley, surrounded by the Wasatch Mountains.
Afterward, hit the spa at Homestead's sister property, Zermatt Resort. The European-inspired experience boasts a variety of skin and body treatments, plus a dry sauna, wellness center, aromatherapy steam grotto, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a hot tub with a cascading waterfall, and more.
Or, head straight for The Crater. You can soak, swim, snorkel, or scuba in the 90- to 96-degree water, or just take it all in via self-guided tour through underground tunnels.
Speaking of tunnels, be thankful you're not seeking asylum from the job that brought miners here more than a century ago. Instead, you get to revel in the spoils of their labor, all while relishing the hard work of the aim-to-please staff at Homestead Resort. And that's as good as gold.
"I recently stayed at the Homestead Resort in Midway, Utah, and was delighted by the friendly atmosphere, yummy restaurant, and indoor pool and oversized hot tub (as well as outdoor pool)."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes 20% off two resort activities (including golf & spa), 10% off food and beverage during stay
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings