Taking It to the Bank in Northern California
McCloud River Inn • McCloud, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the Waterfalls, President's Map Room, Switchboard, or Drawing Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($75) or Fridays and Saturdays ($85), Between November 1, 2012, and April 30, 2013
- Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Champagne or Wine
Feel like you need to rob a bank just to go on vacation? With this week's Escape to the marvelously quaint McCloud River Inn, in Northern California, all you have to do is stay in one.
Built in 1903 to house the McCloud River Lumber Company's headquarters—and, yes, the town's first bank—the property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It's nestled at the foot of Mount Shasta on five serenely green acres, overflowing with both turn-of-the-century charm and stunning scenery.
You'll get a one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($75) or Fridays and Saturdays ($85), between November 1, 2012, and April 30, 2013, with a scrumptious breakfast and a bottle of champagne or wine at this lovingly restored Victorian bed and breakfast.
Cash in on comfort in one of four uniquely decorated signature rooms. The Waterfalls boasts a two-person jetted tub and four-posted bed, while the President's Map Room offers a claw-foot tub and canopy bed. The Switchboard's adjacent sitting room features a charming single bed, whereas the Drawing Room is furnished with rich brown leather chairs.
If you haven't overdrawn on the home-cooked chocolate chip cookie stash, stock up on a bountiful gourmet breakfast of fresh fruit, ice-cold OJ, just-baked pastries, and the famous frittatas from 8 to 9 a.m.
In the winter, hop in your getaway car for a quick four-mile drive to the reasonably priced Mt. Shasta Ski Park for challenging powder-packed runs that are rarely crowded. But, when milder weather is hot on your trail, make a break for priceless day hikes to McCloud River Falls or Castle Lake. You can also tour Lava Beds National Monument and the Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge.
Back at McCloud River Inn, innkeepers Ursula and Mike Weatherford will sentence you to a bottle of bubbly or vino while you kick back by the fireplace. For a little pampering, you can purchase a soothing in-room massage. And if hunger's holding you hostage, local foodie establishments like Café Maddalena can negotiate a culinary compromise.
Pull off the greatest holiday heist ever with this rare retreat to another era.
"Our room was excellent with very comfortable furniture and bedding. The home-cooked breakfast was gourmet quality! We felt very welcome during our stay and look forward to coming back again."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Valid for stays through April 30, 2013
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per purchaser, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Upgrades & additional room nights with this stay at a 20% discount may be available at the time of booking, for extra fee paid directly to the property
- No pets allowed
- Blackout dates include October 12-13; November 16-25; December 23, 2012-January 1, 2013; February 16-18, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings