Flickers of Yesteryear in Historic Shepherdstown
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Shepherdstown • Shepherdstown, WV
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a King or Double Queen Room
- $65 Dining Credit for Yellow Brick Bank Restaurant
- One Round of Golf for Two at Locust Hills Golf Course
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Two Nights
With age comes wisdom and, as the oldest city in the Mountain State, Shepherdstown, West Virginia, is packed with alluring anecdotes about the early days of colonial settlers in the Shenandoah Valley.
Tap into a bit of American history and Escape to this quaint town—listed on the National Register of Historic Places—from the comfort and style of an upscale modern hotel during a one-night stay for two in a king or double queen room at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Shepherdstown, just a 90-minute drive from Washington, DC ($199).
Newly renovated, this 100-percent smoke-free hotel features in-room cable TV, Wi-Fi, and a convenient refrigerator plus amenities such as a sauna, a fitness center, and a seasonal outdoor pool and hot tub. Its central location leaves you just steps away from the nostalgia of the Shepherdstown Historic District and the 18-hole Locust Hill golf course—a top-five-rated public course by Golfweek Magazine where you'll enjoy an included round of golf for two—and the much-celebrated Yellow Brick Bank Restaurant, where you'll use a $65 dining credit.
"Where the Appalachians kneel to the Potomac River sits Shepherdstown, West Virginia, the state's oldest settlement," says Garden & Gun. "And any day along the brick storefronts on German Street, the town's main boulevard, you'll run into everyone from farmers and students at Shepherd University—its Georgian campus plunked in the center of town—to a variety of old-money magnates and, on weekends, a bevy of Congressmen and Beltway lobbyists. All of them are here for the same reasons: The place is natural, gorgeous, easygoing."
Your meal at Yellow Brick Bank Restaurant will be one for the record books. Known for its early-American décor and casual dining atmosphere, this city staple dishes out specialties designed by Executive Chef Jeff McGee including grilled filet mignon tornedos, served with cheese ravioli and a red wine demi-glace, and hearty beef short ribs served over a fava bean-and-sweet corn risotto.
Round up the covered wagons and Escape to scenic Shepherdstown where the past meets a perfectly pleasant present.
"A mix of mountain and river, Shepherdstown is a fantastic location for cyclists and paddlers, fishermen, bird-watchers, and gardeners. And despite its smallish population, there are also dozens of antiques shops and dealers in town."-- Garden & Gun
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 5 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout date(s): December 31, 2012
- Voucher is non-transferable
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 29, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 29, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 29, 2013 • Enjoy By October 29, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings