Flights of Fancy in the Gateway to Horicon Marsh
Audubon Inn • Mayville, WI
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($49) or Fridays and Saturdays ($59) in a Standard Room
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Two Handmade Desserts in The Beaumont Restaurant
If you prefer nippy Northern winters over scorching Southern temps, skip the snowbird mass migration and nest close to home with this week's Escape to The Audubon Inn in Mayville, Wisconsin.
Fly the coop for an overnight stay for two in a standard room, Sundays through Thursdays ($49) or Fridays and Saturdays ($59). Check in in the evening and be greeted to two handmade desserts at The Beaumont Restaurant. Then, wake up happier than a spring chicken in the morning with an included continental breakfast of make-your-own pancakes, hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, tea, breads, and fresh fruit.
Located halfway between Milwaukee and Madison, this unique B&B was built in 1896 and transports visitors back to a bygone era. It's a nationally recognized historical landmark with period features, hand-carved furniture, and distinctive décor, but also modern amenities.
Each room is equipped with an extra large double Jacuzzi tub, Wi-Fi, cable TV, and a coffee maker—and each is elegantly appointed with a queen-size, four-poster canopy bed with handmade quilts, a private bath, and a writing desk and chair with Tiffany lamps for added charm and character.
Head out to Horicon Marsh, Wisconsin's largest wildlife preserve. Spend the day snowshoeing or cross-country skiing around the Horicon Marsh, visit the old-fashioned confectionery store, or grab a slice of cheddar at Widmer's Cheese Cellars—or just wing it: There's plenty to do in this historic hamlet.
Relax with a cocktail at the Beaumont Bar. Named Wisconsin's Most Beautiful Bar, it boasts gorgeous stained-glass windows, high ceilings, and a stained-glass ceiling depicting the migration of the Canadian geese. Then, dine in the award-winning Beaumont Restaurant, and try the roasted duck breast with Door County cherry-demi glace or the sweet potato gnocchi.
Visitors flock to this charming area for its avian-inspired ambiance, old-world charm, and friendly small-town feel. With this high-flying Escape, you can warm up this winter without ever having to leave Wisconsin.
"Right in the heart of downtown Mayville, [it] has an immediate elegant, historic feeling. The perfect place for a... couple looking for a spectacular stay at the gateway to one of the world’s top birding locations."-- Birdfreak.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 5 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Up to two (2) vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- First available stay date: November 1, 2012
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): November 22, December 24-25, December 31, 2012 and February 14, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes continental breakfast for two, two handmade deserts in the Beaumont Restaurant — on-site restaurant is closed Sunday and Monday
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings