Grade-A Getaway to China
China Travel Service • Xi’an City, China
- A 12-Day Tour of China for One Guest, Including:
- Round-Trip International Airfare, from JFK to Beijing and Shanghai to JFK
- Domestic Airfare from Beijing to Xi'an, and from Xi'an to Shanghai
- A Three-Night Stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing; Two-Night Stay at the Golden Flower Hotel Xian; One-Night Stay at the Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort; One-Night Stay at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou; and a Two-Night Stay at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
- Daily Buffet Breakfast, Seven Lunches, and Four Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Service
- All Ground Transportation to Hotels, Airports, and Sightseeing Destinations
- Entrance Fees to Included Sightseeing Destinations
- Up to $30,000 in Accidental Travel Insurance Per Traveler and Airline Fuel Surcharge is Included
- Dates: 1/15/13 - 1/26/13 ($1,799); 1/22/13 - 2/2/13, 2/9/13 - 2/20/13, 2/11/13 - 2/22/13, 2/18/13 - 3/1/13, or 2/26/13 - 3/9/13 ($1,899); 12/29/12 - 1/9/13 ($2,299); or 12/23/12 - 1/3/13 ($2,599)
- All Rates Are Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
The Great Wall of China was impressive enough in your seventh-grade textbook, but in person? Talk about an A+.
Lose the yellow school bus and give your idea of a field trip a serious upgrade with a 12-day tour of China at scholarly savings from China Travel.*
Your educational Escape for one includes round-trip airfare from JFK airport; airfare from Beijing to Xi'an, and from Xi'an to Shanghai; ground transportation; nine nights in four- and five-star accommodations; daily breakfasts, seven lunches, and four dinners; English-speaking tour guide service; an air-conditioned sightseeing bus; airline fuel surcharges; and up to $30,000 in accidental travel insurance.
Venture off the page and study up on Beijing, the city BBC Travel says is "known for its epic palaces and ancient temples, coexisting happily alongside neon billboards and ultra-modern skyscrapers," as you start your journey on a visit to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, and a pearl factory. Retire to the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing.
Your cultural curriculum gets better with a day spent taking in the Great Wall, Jade Museum, National Stadium (Bird's Nest), and National Aquatics Center (Water Cube). For an additional $49, your lesson plan will expand with an eye-opening "The Legend of Kung-Fu" show and Peking duck dinner.
The next morning, you'll fly to Xi'an and visit Shaanxi Provincial History Museum and Ancient City Wall before retiring to your room at the Golden Flower Hotel Xian. Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, and a silk carpet factory are on the itinerary for day six, along with an optional dumpling banquet and Tang dynasty show for an additional $49.
The flight from Xi'an to Shanghai is a quick two hours the next morning. You'll drive to Suzhou—nicknamed the "Venice of the East"—and visit the Lingering Garden, Suzhou Museum, the Suzhou Silk Museum, and Shantang Street. At night, you'll stay in the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou.
In Hangzhou, the Meijiawu Tea Village, Su Causeway, Six Harmonies Pagoda, and West Lake are on the day's syllabus. For extra credit, purchase a $49 ticket for dinner and the "Impression West Lake" light show. Escapees will spend the night at the Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort.
Before school lets out, head back to Shanghai for a tour of the world's most populous city. The Bund, Nanjing Road, old stone houses, Shanghai Museum, and the Jade Buddha Temple will hold your attention longer than any show-and-tell. And you'll spend your last two nights at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel.
After an education like this, you'll pass the once-in-a-lifetime exam with flying colors.
For additional information, view the full itinerary.
*Dates: 1/15/13 - 1/26/13 ($1,799); 1/22/13 - 2/2/13, 2/9/13 - 2/20/13, 2/11/13 - 2/22/13, 2/18/13 - 3/1/13, or 2/26/13 - 3/9/13 ($1,899); 12/29/12 - 1/9/13 ($2,299); or 12/23/12 - 1/3/13 ($2,599)
"Eagerly assuming its place among the world’s top travel destinations, China is an epic adventure. Curator of the world’s oldest continuous civilisation, China will have you bumping into history at every turn."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Voucher price is per person, based on two people traveling together
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Reservations must be confirmed by November 20 for tours leaving on December 23 and December 29 all others must be confirmed by December 3, 2012
- Voucher is valid for departure dates listed on voucher only
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Single occupancy supplement is $500; must mention at time of booking
- Hotel is based on double occupancy, China Travel Service reserves the right to substitute other hotels of equal value based on availability
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($169) per US passport, other medical insurance, and trip cancellation insurance
- Voucher includes seven lunches, four dinners, daily buffet breakfast, an English-speaking tour guide service, all ground transportation to hotels, airports, and sightseeing destinations, entrance fees to included sightseeing destinations and up to $30,000 in accidental travel insurance per traveler, three-night stay at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, two-night stay at Golden Flower Hotel Xian By Shangri-La, one-night stay at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort, one-night stay at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou and two-night stay at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
- Service fee for drivers and local guide of $8 per day to be paid in China
- Taxes and airline fuel surcharges are included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one visit
- The deal is valid only for date purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 10, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 10, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 10, 2013 • Enjoy By March 10, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 33% savings