Light Up the Night: 5-Day Iceland Tour + Flights
LivingSocial Adventures Tours • Reykjavik, Iceland
NASA forecasts predict the most intense Northern Lights in 50 years, and there's no better place see them than Iceland. Just outside the Arctic Circle, the country's winter nights are longer and darker than almost anywhere else in the world—the perfect canvas for a mystical lights show.
Escape on this five-day trip to Iceland with flights, courtesy of LivingSocial Adventure Tours. You'll get to explore Reykjavik, the northernmost capital in the world, with CenterHotel Plaza as your home base. Despite the latitude, warm ocean currents make the climate more similar to New England's than Siberia's.
On a tour of the Golden Circle, stop to marvel at roaring waterfalls, bubbling hot springs, and towering geysers—all the result of Iceland's unique geothermal activity. You'll also take a dip in the Blue Lagoon, which owes its striking color to volcanic minerals that turn the hot spring water milky blue.
Iceland's astounding natural phenomena and pitch-black sky will redefine your idea of a winter wonderland.
Flights provided by Vayama. Please read important information regarding airline liability limitations and rules and policies about this fare. Prices do not include baggage fees charged directly by the airline.
- A Five-Day Trip to Iceland, Including:
- Northern Lights Viewing (When Possible)
- Full-Day Golden Circle Tour with Stops at the Golden Waterfall and Geysir
- Guided City Walk through Reykjavik
- Blue Lagoon Hot Springs Visit
- Round-Trip Flights from JFK or Boston Logan Airport to Keflavik Airport
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Group Activities
- Three Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations in a Standard Room at CenterHotel Plaza
- Four Breakfasts, One Welcome Drink, and One Traditional Dinner
- Private LivingSocial Adventure Guide
- All Airline Taxes and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced Per Person (See Fine Print)
- Recommended Packing List
Board your overnight flight from New York's JFK Airport or Boston's Logan Airport.
You'll wake upon landing at Keflavik Airport, where your private LivingSocial Adventure Guide will meet you for the ride to Reykjavik. In Iceland's capital, you'll check into a Standard Room at CenterHotel Plaza, your home for the next three nights. Savor a hot meal at the breakfast buffet, then feel free to unwind from the flight.
Your guide will lead the group on an afternoon walking tour and orientation around compact, kooky-cool Reykjavik. "The city's charm lies in its many peculiar contrasts, which, like tectonic plates clashing against one another, create an earthquake of energy," says Lonely Planet. "The world's most northerly capital combines colorful buildings, quirky people, a wild nightlife, and a capricious soul to devastating effect... you'll agree that there's no better city in the world."
After getting a lay of the land, return to the hotel for a welcome happy hour with your guide and friends—the ones you came with and the others you're about to make.
Golden Circle and Northern Lights
Start the day with breakfast, then suit up to tour the Golden Circle: a scenic route that shows off Iceland's stunning pseudo-lunar landscape. Your first stop is Hveragerði, known for heating its greenhouses with steam from hot springs. From here, move on to Gullfoss—The Golden Waterfall. You'll feel rumbling in your chest as thunderous cascades of frigid water plunge into the crevasse below. A short distance from here is the Great Geysir, namesake of all others across the globe, and Strokkur, spewing scalding water 100 feet skyward.
A local restaurant in the quaint town of Laugarvatn will host your traveling troop for dinner—traditional meat or seafood stew with bread and butter (or a vegetarian dish)—followed by an optional soak in the Fontana steam baths.
The return route takes you through Þingvellir National Park, best known as the site of the ancient Viking parliament. Still, nothing manmade holds a candle to the awesome display of solar winds being pulled by the Earth's magnetic poles. The Aurora Borealis, known colloquially as the Northern Lights, is as elusive as it is breathtaking. Ribbons of green, blue, and pink light ripple across the black winter sky, dazzling fortunate witnesses with glowing waves of color unlike anything else in nature.
The Aurora is visible in few places on earth, Iceland being the best. And this winter, you're in luck: NASA predicts that the coming months will bring the most intense, brilliant displays in 50 years.
Free Day to Explore
The only thing on your schedule will be a morning meal, so take this opportunity to galavant about Iceland as you please. You can purchase optional activities like horseback rides through the hills and adventurous glacier hikes. Show yourself around Reykjavik, investigating its cutting-edge music scene, or embark on another excursion to find the Northern Lights.
Blue Lagoon and Departure
As part of Icelandic tradition, you'll make a trip to the world-renowned Blue Lagoon. This steaming seawater lagoon is carved into hardened lava and was named one of the wonders of the world by National Geographic. Soak yourself in its warm waters, which are filled with a unique whitish-blue silica mud (a natural exfoliant), then shed impurities with a turn in the on-site sauna. Whether your next destination is home or elsewhere, this uniquely Icelandic experience is a fitting send-off.
- Signed Waiver(s)
- Government-Issued ID
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Jacket
- Hat, Scarf, and Gloves
the fine print
- For more information about this tour, please see our Detailed Tour Information document: bit.ly/RLblPB
- One voucher is good for one person
- Must be 18+ to attend this trip
- Flight (when applicable) and rooming information MUST be filled out within 7 days of purchase. If you fail to complete Rooming Information within that time, you will be charged the single supplement fee listed in the deal page. In order to be paired with a roommate, you must request him/her at the time of booking. We will not pair single travelers together.
- If you fail to complete Traveler Information within that time, you will not be issued an air ticket and you will not receive a refund for any portion of the package.
- A refund may be collected within 7 days of your purchase. You may reschedule your purchased event date within that same 7 days (subject to availability) for any reason. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who miss an event. Purchasers will be notified prior to cancelled or rescheduled Tours. Cancelled Tours will be fully refunded. If you can't make the new date of a rescheduled Tour, you are entitled to a refund upon request
- Waiver available to view here: livingsocial.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=4J3NXB6M643U56
- Single supplement fee: $149
- All hotel taxes, airline taxes, and fuel surcharges are included.
- Tour price does not include gratuities, insurance (recommended), meals and other costs not indicated in the itinerary, other personal expenses
- We strongly recommend that you obtain travel health insurance for this tour, as it is invaluable in times of health needs abroad. Most insurers also offer a complete travel insurance package with trip cancellation and curtailment coverage as well
- Valid passport required to travel. Some countries may require a visa and/or that your passport be valid 6 months beyond your date of entry. Check with the specific country's consulate to establish entry requirements
- If you have any questions in advance of your tour, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms