A Roam on the Glorious Wilds of Exmoor
The Exmoor White Horse Inn • Somerset, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in a Standard Double Room with Daily Breakfast
- Welcome Drink
- Cream Tea for Two on Afternoon of Choice
- Bottle of Wine if Dining in Hotel Restaurant on One Evening
The giant red stags of Exmoor National Park are generally reckoned to be Britain's largest land animals. And amid breathtaking moorland, cliffs, and valleys, they're far from the only game in town. Exmoor ranges across a huge stretch of West Somerset and North Devon, and today's Escape will take you to its very heart, with a stay at the Exmoor White Horse Inn.
Settle in for a two-night stay for two people in a standard double room for just £149 (up to a £375.13 value). Nestling in Exford by the bridge over the river Exe, this 16th-century coaching inn festooned in Virginia creeper is home to log fires, oak-beamed bars, and sumptuous en suite bedrooms. After a welcome drink of wine, beer, or cider, check out the traditional feel and wonderful vintage furniture in your room.
Enjoy a cream tea for two on one afternoon, with scones, clotted cream, and jam to accompany a refreshing cup of tea; later, you could choose to dine in the hotel's restaurant, where the head chef sources rare breed cattle, West Country seafood, and moorland game from the immediate surrounds. Take two courses each and you'll receive a bottle of wine, and then retire to the characterful bar, where there's a fine selection of local ales and more than 150 malt whiskies to choose from.
Hire an e-bike to head far from the herd and deep into glorious nature. You'll have a 20 mile range, not to mention a great excuse to visit the other 20-odd pubs, cafes, and restaurants across the region signed up as charging points. An Exmoor Safari also runs from the hotel to see the magnificent deer; if you'd like to lock antlers with nature in more extreme form—kayaking, rock climbing, abseiling, raft building, and more—have a word with Exmoor Adventures. Coast-wise, be sure to check out the unique splendour of Porlock, a charming seaside village where you can take a walk through glorious coastal woodland to the smallest church in Britain.
This Escape is for two people. Pets are welcome at a supplement; guests must book pets in advance.
"Idyllic landscape of emerald-green meadows, wooded combes, and crumbling cliffs."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 28, 2013
- Voucher is not valid between 23 Dec - 27 Dec and 30 Dec - 2 Jan
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- If stay includes a Friday or a Saturday, there is a £10 supplement, paid directly to the hotel
- The hotel is pet friendly at a supplement of £10 per day, must enquire at time of booking
- Customers will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine, to a value of £16.25 if ordering 2 courses from the hotel restaurant
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Children allowed
- Wifi included
- Upgrades available at an extra charge; subject to availability
- Voucher includes Daily Breakfast, Welcome Drink, Cream Tea for Two on Afternoon of Choice, and Bottle of Wine if Dining in Hotel Restaurant on One Evening
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01643 831229 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy by date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • Enjoy By March 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings