A Peaceful Retreat to The Eden Valley
Temple Sowerby • Cumbria, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in a Classic Room
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Afternoon Tea with Chef's Homemade Cinnamon Shortbreads Served by Open Fire on Arrival
- Wine if Dining in The Two AA-Rosette Restaurant on the First Evening
If your idea of a great getaway is to spend your days walking to discover natural beauty spots and historical treats, before returning in the evening to sample delicious local food, fine wine, and good company, then you'll want to nab this week's Escape to Temple Sowerby House in the Eden Valley.
You and your partner will lay your heads in a classic room at the intimate country house for two nights for £119 (up to a £297 value). Expect individually designed rooms with features such as exposed 18th-century beams, double bed, dressing table, and an en suite with elegant, modern fittings.
Prepare yourself for a relaxing afternoon tea by the roaring fire—you'll tuck into tea or coffee and homemade cinnamon shortbread on arrival. Come morning the inclusive full English breakfast is exactly what you need—but it's returning to the two AA-Rosette restaurant on your first evening that's the real highlight, since you'll receive a bottle of wine on the house with your dinner. Temple Sowerby is renowned locally for its fine cuisine served up by a passionate and talented kitchen team.
Head out into Temple Sowerby, where you'll discover the home of a one-time Templar Knight at Acorn Bank Garden & Windmill. Then bravely venture forth into Penrith, where you'll find the legendary giant's grave at St. Andrew's Church; William Wordsworth's school, Dame Anne Birkett, across the road; the 14th-century Penrith Castle; the Norman Brough Castle; and of course, miles and miles of stunning English countryside.
Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at email@example.com.
"First we were ushered back to the fire and a drink before dinner, for which our appetite was whetted by canapés of pork wellington, smoked trout with pea mousse, and an aromatic chicken consommé."-- The Daily Mail
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit 2 vouchers per customer, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per gift recipient
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 1 June 2013
- Not valid 13-18 February or Easter weekend
- Valid Sunday-Thursday only during April and May
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a classic room
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, afternoon tea and wine if dining in the restaurant on the first evening
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Please contact 01768 361578 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 1, 2013 • Enjoy By June 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings