Seaside Fun and Maritime Heritage on the Outskirts of Whitby
Dunsley Hall • North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- One- (£89) or Two-Night (£159) Stay for Two
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Drink Each Upon Arrival
- Bottle of Wine If Dining in the AA Rosette-Awarded Restaurant
Back in the Victorian era, Whitby was a bustling hub for sailors, merchants, and sea dogs from the world over. Records show that everything from whales to polar bears and even unicorns were passing through the docks—though they probably meant narwhals. Escape to the Dunsley Hall, a grand country house built by a shipping magnate, and experience the heritage of this beautiful North Yorkshire town (though we can't guarantee you any unicorns).
Situated a few miles out of town in the serene, evocative landscape of the North York Moors, a one-night stay for two people is just £89 (up to a £183.95 value); or you can add another night for just £159 (up to a £342.95 value). Upon arrival, get your bearings with a drink each in the Pyman Bar before discovering your cosy, traditionally outfitted room.
For the Victorians, the dining room was a focal point of the house, so they must have loved food as much as we do. Fortunately, the hotel's Oak Room Restaurant has kept up with tradition; grandly furnished and classically styled, it's been awarded an AA Rosette for its high-end, locally-sourced cuisine. A full English breakfast is included each morning; if you choose to dine here in the evening, you'll be treated to a bottle of wine.
Magnificent walks are available all around the moors, and in Whitby, strolling through the pretty streets and around the harbour is a joy. If you're angling for something a little spooky, the gothic Whitby Abbey is also an impressive sight, situated on a spot overlooking the town and sea; this where Dracula was said to have entered England, after all.
This Escape is for two people, and is valid from Sunday to Friday. Saturday stays are subject to a £50 supplement per person, payable directly to the hotel. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"The narrow medieval streets are lined with restaurants, pubs, and cute little shops, and everything more or less leads down to the handsome harbour, where colourful fishing boats move in and out during the day."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 28, 2013
- Voucher available for stays Sunday - Friday only; Saturday stays subject to availability and at a £50 supplement payable direct to the hotel
- Voucher excludes 14-15 February 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Voucher includes: Daily Full English Breakfast, Drink Each Upon Arrival, Bottle of Wine If Dining in the AA Rosette-Awarded Restaurant
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01947 893437 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • Enjoy By March 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings