Fine Food and Country Charm in Shropshire
The Crown Country Inn • Shropshire, United Kingdom
- One- (£89) or Two-Night (£139) Stay for Two
- Award-Winning Breakfast Each Morning
- Two-Course Dinner in Two AA Rosette Restaurant
- Bottle of Wine If Dining on Two Courses Each on the Second Evening (Two-Night Option)
- Wi-Fi and Parking Included
Despite being home to the world's very first skyscraper—a multi-level flax mill—Shropshire never quite developed into a buzzing urban metropolis. In fact, Salopians (that's residents of Shropshire) still enjoy one of the most unspoilt, verdant, serene counties in England. Escape to Shropshire's The Crown Country Inn, and after a restful stay and some serious gourmet cuisine, we're sure you'll feel like becoming a Salopian yourself.
Get a one-night stay for two for just £89 (up to a £160.80 value), or make it two nights for £139 (up to a £282.75 value). A grade-II listed building nestled in the Shropshire countryside, this charming inn has three rooms in a converted Georgian stable block. Retaining period features but with very modern levels of comfort, this four-star AA inn will have you lapping up the country life.
The jewel in the crown of this glittering Escape is a two-course meal each in the Crown's double AA-Rosette awarded restaurant, headed up by Richard Arnold, Masterchef of Great Britain. Sample dishes include the likes of braised shoulder of local lamb with rosemary, honey, and redcurrant jelly, a crispy slow-cooked pork belly with warm apple chutney, or a celebrated Hereford Steak—guests staying two nights will enjoy a bottle of wine if they return to dine again. Oh, and the included breakfast is an AA award winner, too.
If you haven't had enough of top quality, local grub, Ludlow is just a short drive away and has become the West Midlands' unofficial foodie capital (it just happens to have a fine line in Medieval and Tudor buildings, too). Further north and nestled in a crook of the River Severn, Shrewsbury has some fine boutique shopping and the excellent Theatre Severn to boast of, as well as the world's tallest town crier.
This Escape is for two people. The property is closed on Sunday evening and all day Monday. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at email@example.com.
"The kitchen works around a modern English style based on a well-mastered traditional repertoire, sourcing seasonal local produce in the process."-- The AA
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by April 30, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Voucher includes: Award-Winning Breakfast Each Morning, Two-Course Dinner in Two AA Rosette Restaurant (starter and main only with a supplement for scallops, steaks, cheese platter and dessert platter), Bottle of Wine If Dining on the Second Evening (Two-Night Option)
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01584 841205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings