Historic Island Resort on Red Cedar Lake
Stout's Island Lodge • Birchwood, WI
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Douglas or Wilson Cabin Room, Sundays through Thursdays from Now to June 28 or September 3 to October 26 ($209) or June 30 to September 2 ($249)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Douglas or Wilson Cabin Room, Fridays and Saturdays from Now to October 26 ($339)
- Daily Continental Breakfast for Two
- Hourly Ferry Service from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Complimentary Parking on the Mainland
Smack in the middle of Red Cedar Lake in Birchwood, Wisconsin, sits plucky Stout's Island. Its 18 forested acres are divided into two: a main island and the long, narrow east island. Stout's Island Lodge spans most of the former, with cabins and lodges tucked into the woods around the small island. Needless to say, water sports are the name of the game when you're sitting in the middle of a gorgeous lake, but the mainland town of Birchwood offers a selection of dining and shopping, not to mention excellent golf.
Stout's Island Lodge, surrounded by water and steeped in history, offers visitors an entire island of peace and quiet. Frank Stout—one of Chicago's ten wealthiest men at the turn of the 20th century—first built the main lodge in 1903 and rebuilt it in 1912, a legacy that earned it a spot on the National Register of Historic Places. Elsewhere on the property, the Douglas and Wilson cabins each contain spacious rooms with white pine walls, hearthstone stoves, kitchenettes, and decks or patios.
Lovely as the rooms and scenery are, there's a lot more to love about the island lodge, starting with the food. Helmed by Chef Michael Beck, the Dining Room serves continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week and specializes in regional cuisine prepared with locally grown, seasonal ingredients. And when you've had your fill of food, outdoor activities like tennis, fishing, croquet, and kayaking await.
"This charming, old-school Adirondack-inspired resort still feels aspirational. Frankly, the place was built for inactivity. Lovingly so. Wooden docks jut into the lake and offer Adirondack chairs for reading."-- Chicago Tribune
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily continental breakfast for two, hourly ferry service parking, King-size bed, gas fireplace, steam shower
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $25 per person per night and $25 for one roll-away bed
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Blackout date(s): June 21-22; July 4-6; July 12-13; October 4-5, 2013
- Room types included either Douglas #1, 2, 3 & 4 and Wilson #1, 2, 3 and 4
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 26, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 26, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 26, 2013 • Enjoy By October 26, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms