Summer Solace on Lake Eulalia
Thurston House • Maitland, FL
- A Two-Night Stay for Two
- Daily Full Breakfast
- Admission for Two to the Maitland Historical Museums and Maitland Art Center
- Bottle of Turkish Wine with the Purchase of Two Dinner Entrées at Bosphorous Restaurant
Relaxing in a hammock with an icy beverage and a cool breeze isn't an image confined to the book jacket of a summer read. Create your own postcard moments with a two-night stay for two at Thurston House, an 1885 Queen Anne-style Victorian farmhouse overlooking Lake Eulalia.
Housed on eight acres of abundantly green grasslands, the B&B is an alluring sight, outfitted with three guest rooms, each uniquely decorated and comfortably furnished ($229). Just outside is a gorgeous garden filled with camellias, herbs, and greenery, should you wish to stroll and be at one with your thoughts.
Bring old-time enchantment to life as you and a guest tour this small bedroom community with a big reputation. Start a summery chapter of your own when you and your heroine tour the town with admission for two to the Maitland Art Center and Maitland Historical Museums, housing some of the area's most treasured artifacts.
Open access grants you admission to all five museums: Maitland Art Center, Waterhouse Residence Museum, Carpentry Shop Museum, Telephone Museum, and Maitland History Museum. Maitland Art Center's permanent buildings feature unique architecture with Mayan influences, like enchanting hand-carved stone relief and colorful murals dating back to 1937. Meanwhile, the history museum's multidisciplinary collections work to "stimulate thought, spark the imagination, [and] enrich the spirit."
Innkeeper Carole keeps her guests well fed. Expect a gourmet breakfast every morning that includes such specialties as apple and cheddar quiche, eggs Florentine, and Stonewall Kitchen jams and jellies.
In the evenings, they set out a lovely spread of drinks and cheeses for everyone to share. Plus, enjoy a bottle of wine when you order two dinner entrées at Bosphorous Restaurant in nearby Winter Park.
TripAdvisees adore the Maitland B&B. Says one guest, "We enjoyed being only five minutes away from the Winter Park area, close to some amazing restaurants, and only a couple of minutes away from the Enzian theater." Says another, "Carole's breakfasts were creative, delicious, and varied. Sitting in a rocker on the screened porch for afternoon wine, crackers, and delicious grapes is a wonderful memory."
The weekend of picture-perfect memories you'll make are sure to leave you waiting for a sequel.
"Beyond the fast-paced excitement, glitz, and glitter of Orlando's theme parks, you'll find Central Florida's more natural side, with hidden treasures just waiting to be discovered."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit one per person, one additional as gift
- Limit one per stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Rooms are double occupancy
- 12.5% State and County tax for lodging will be charged at check-out
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates: holidays and 9/2 thru 10/2, 11/10-11/12, 11/22-11/26, 12/22-12/26
- Museum facilities are open every weekend
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2012 • Enjoy By January 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings