History and Gourmet Treats in Much Wenlock
The Raven Hotel and Restaurant • Shropshire, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People
- Daily Breakfast
- Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner on One Evening
Charles Dickens may forever be linked with the capital, but there was another part of the country with which he closely identified—and which cropped up regularly in his works. But rather than keeping an eye out for Shropshire in Great Expectations or The Old Curiosity Shop, experience for yourself the unspoilt landscape that Dickens fell in love with at The Raven Hotel and Restaurant.
For £175 (up to a £396 value), you'll enjoy a two-night stay for two in the town of Much Wenlock, located roughly 18 miles south of Shrewsbury. In the heart of this charming market community you'll find the lovingly maintained, centuries-old Raven; settle in to your room and where period elegance combines with modern comfort.
Included with your stay is a seven-course gourmet dinner each in the hotel's highly regarded restaurant, serving cuisine fit for any gentleman-to-be. Sourcing ingredients from the many award-winning suppliers in the county, the fine food is fresh and adventurous; and come morning, you'll get to recharge with breakfast.
Much Wenlock has a big history that belies its small size, from the Priory that fell foul of Henry VIII's dissolution to the Wenlock Olympian Games—though the independent clothing and food shops provide modern-day distractions. Nearby Shrewsbury is well worth a visit too, a well-preserved Tudor town nestled in a crook of the River Severn.
This Escape is for two people, with availability for all seven days of the week. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"This small, half-timbered, red-brick, lobelia-hung, narrow-streeted, alleywayed, book-and-tea-shopped town, with its Elizabethan guildhall, is the supreme delight of urban-pastoral Britain."-- Daily Telegraph
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by September 30, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Voucher includes: Two-Night Stay for Two People, Daily Breakfast, Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner on One Evening
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01952 727251 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • Enjoy By September 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
or call our concierge at 0207 763 4600
- 56% savings