A Roman Feast in Historical Shropshire
The Wroxeter Hotel • Shropshire, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in Standard Double
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- 16-Dish Roman Banquet
Back in ancient Rome, Bacchus, god of pleasure and partying was the guy responsible for making sure we all had a good time. Nowadays, it's down to us to sort ourselves out; but it doesn't have to be as hard as all that. Break out your toga for a couple of nights that have already gone down in history courtesy of this Escape to The Wroxeter Hotel, Shropshire.
You and your gladiator will lay your sandals at the Shropshire hotel for two nights between Sunday and Thursday for £129 (up to a £270 value). Minerva would be proud of your smart decision to bunk down in a standard double room that features elaborate period décor, en suite with amenities, TV, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and Wi-Fi access. The hotel has also been awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
You can expect more than a Caesar salad with your stay; instead, it comes with full English breakfast each morning and—wait for it—a Roman-style banquet on one night that features wine and no less than 16 dishes. Forget being fed a measly bunch of grapes; you'll tuck into a menu that's inspired by Trimalchio's zodiac signs, and includes dishes such as beef consommé with fine strips of prime beef, figs steeped in spiced honey, rack of pork ribs, and sweet tarts stuffed with nuts and raisins.
Follow our straight roads to nearby historic sites such as the Roman Villa Urbana—as featured in Channel 4's Rome Wasn't Built in a Day—the English Heritage Roman City of Wroxeter, and the Roman vineyard, which naturally offers wine tastings. If you'd rather go beyond the Empire, Shrewsbury isn't far and is home to Shrewsbury Castle, Darwin House, The Porch House, The Medieval Town, and World Heritage Sites the Ironbridge Gorge and Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal.
This Escape is for two people. It is available for stays on Sunday to Thursday. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org—be sure to quote the name of the property.
"Once the fourth largest city in Roman Britain, visitors to Wroxeter today can take a tour around the fascinating ruins, and explore the new Roman Town House, constructed as part of Channel 4’s ‘Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day’."-- Shropshire Tourism
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by September 30, 2013
- Voucher valid for Sunday to Thursday stays only
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Voucher includes: Two-Night Stay for Two People in Standard Double, Daily Full English Breakfast, 16-Course Roman Banquet
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01743 761256 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • Enjoy By September 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings