Southern Charm, Gourmet Eats in Tennessee
Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast • Hilham, TN
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the Margie Ruth Room ($139)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Wildwood Lodge Suite or Margie Ruth Room, with a 90-Minute Professionally Guided Horseback Trail Ride for Two ($275)
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Gourmet Dinner for Two
The year was 1795. Scholar and surveyor Moses Fisk was determined to find the geographical center of the United States, a place he dreamed would one day become the cultural and financial capital of the country. That place turned out to be Hilham, Tennessee, and you could say his dream came true: This rural outpost about 100 miles north-east of Nashville is definitely in the middle—of nowhere. Here, horses roam the lush rolling hills, the Civil War Trail quietly wends its way through the countryside, the occasional winery punctuates the landscape, and the outdoors reign supreme in places like nearby Standing Stone State Park. But that's the point: Away from the distractions of the city, Hilham is the kind of place where people go to find their center. Surely the dreamer Fisk could appreciate that.
Southerners know a thing or two about charm, but the stately Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast takes the art of seduction to a whole new level. Set atop 40 acres of horse property, this stunning brick mansion is steeped in Southern-style elegance. Intimately and individually appointed rooms feature fireplaces and high ceilings, plush carpets, fine linens, and large baths. Each morning, you'll be treated to a hearty Southern-style breakfast served with Gevalia coffee, and each evening the innkeepers serve a romantic dinner for two, which might include stuffed pork tenderloin, roasted Tuscan vegetables, pineapple casserole and spring salad. And for guests with dietary restrictions, the hosts are happy to cater to them.
Purchase the two-night package and you'll be treated to a 90-minute horseback ride for two, complete with professional guide, which takes guests about 45 minutes away through the countryside and onto beautiful rural trails.
Run off for a day at Standing Stone State Park, the perfect spot for a picnic (ask the innkeepers about providing a boxed lunch to go). Or sate your sweetheart's sweet tooth with divine desserts at Russell Stover Chocolate Factory or a bottle of fine wine at Holy Ridge Winery and Vineyard.
"Great folks who make you feel comfortable. Menu was adapted to fit our taste. John and his wife, Michelle, made us feel like family. Horseback riding added to our relaxing time away from home."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Two one-night stay vouchers may be combined
- Only valid for stays between now and December 15, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy of 48 hours and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • Enjoy By December 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 41% savings