Ancient Ruins and Majestic Mountains in Peru
Gate 1 Travel • Urubamba, Peru
- A 10-Day Trip to Peru ($1,599 to $1,899), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Miami to Lima
- Domestic Flights from Lima to Cusco
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotels and Sightseeing Destinations via Motor Coach, Rail, and Boat
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at Hotel Antigua Miraflores, Two Nights at San Agustin Urubamba Hotel & Spa, Two Nights at Jose Antonio Cusco Hotel, and Two Nights at Hotel Royal Inn Puno
- Nine Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Three Dinners
- City Tour of Lima, Tour of Chinchero Market and Surrounding Sites, Train to Machu Picchu, Tour of Raqchi and Puno, Boat Trip to Uros Islands
- English-Speaking Guide and Tour Manager Throughout
- US Departure Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
If vine-veiled temples and mysterious ancient empires ignite your imagination, Peru is the place for you. Here, steamy jungle pathways wind along mountain ridges en route to some of the world's most mind-blowing ruins. Home to the snow-capped Andes, the lush Amazon Basin, and a desert-dusted coastline, this South American country has a wildlife-packed landscape—exotic beasts like pumas, llamas, and giant anacondas call the "Land of the Incas" home.
Beyond its surplus of stone masterpieces, Peru also boasts a host of enchanting cities. Once hailed as the "City of Kings" by Spanish conquistadors, Lima's historic streets are sprinkled with Spanish Colonial-style cafés, glass skyscrapers, and grand plazas, while Cusco's colorful cathedrals offer an ethereal gateway to Machu Picchu.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from the US to Lima, Peru.
day 2: Touch down in Lima, where you'll transfer to your hotel. After breakfast, enjoy the sights of Peru's capital city including the San Francisco Monastery, famous for its 17th-century architecture. Spend the remainder of the evening at your leisure.
Overnight at the Hotel Antigua Miraflores. Breakfast provided.
day 3: Transfer to the airport for your flight to Cusco before heading to the Sacred Valley for a tour of the bustling Chinchero market. After the tour, enjoy a traditional Peruvian lunch before restarting your journey. En route, you'll have the opportunity to visit Ollantaytambo. During the Incan Empire, this site was the royal estate of Emperor Pachacuti, known as the greatest Incan Emperor. Marvel at the architecture of the Incas before transferring to your hotel. Later, enjoy dinner and music at a local restaurant
Overnight at San Agustin Urubamba Hotel & Spa. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 4: Today is yours to spend as you please. The Sacred Valley is scattered with ancient ruins and once served as the gateway to the jungle. The area is considered one of the most important tourist destinations in Peru.
Overnight at San Agustin Urubamba Hotel & Spa. Breakfast provided.
day 5: Transfer to the Sacred Valley's Ollanta Station and board the train for Machu Picchu, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Spend the afternoon viewing the ancient citadel before boarding the train for your return to the Sacred Valley's Ollanta Station. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
Overnight at Jose Antonio Cusco Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 6: Spend today at your leisure in Cusco. Take time to sightsee or shop independently as the city is known for some of the finest handicrafts and textiles in Peru. Visit some of the Inca monuments or investigate the culinary secrets of Andean cuisine. Tonight, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Overnight at Jose Antonio Cusco Hotel. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 7: Depart from Cusco early in the morning and travel through the Andes Mountain Range to Puno, located on the banks of Lake Titicaca. En route, stop at the Incan archaeological destination of Raqchi, site of the Temple of Wiracocha. A box lunch will be served on the motor coach. If time permits, there may be a visit to a local school en route to Puno.
Overnight at Hotel Royal Inn Puno. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 8: Start the morning with a boat trip to the Uros Islands. These islands are completely man-made and their inhabitants, the Uros, continue to maintain them as they have since pre-Columbian times. Return to your hotel later in the day.
Overnight at Hotel Royal Inn Puno. Breakfast provided.
day 9: Transfer to the airport to catch your flight to Lima. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner with local Peruvian specialties as you say goodbye to your travel companions.
Overnight at the Hotel Antigua Miraflores. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 10: Head to the airport to catch your return flight to the US.
Miami (MIA) departures: September 27 ($1,799); October 18 ($1,699); October 20 ($1,699); November 10 ($1,699); November 15 ($1,699); November 17 ($1,699); November 24 ($1,699); November 29 ($1,599); December 1 ($1,599); December 6 ($1,599); December 8 ($1,599); December 13 ($1,599); December 15 ($1,599); December 20 ($1,899); December 22 ($1,899); December 27 ($1,899)
"Like a continent in miniature, Peru will astound you with its diversity. Not even fierce Inca warriors or Spanish conquistadors could totally dominate such jaw-dropping terrain."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by July 17, 2013
- Must be 21 or older to make booking and anyone under 18 must be travelling with another person that is 21 or older; travelers on the tour must be 8 years of age or older
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $400
- Must be at least 18 to check-in and at least 8 to travel
- Merchant cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Airfare in non-refundable once ticketed
- Voucher includes domestic flights from Lima to Cusco, double-occupancy accommodations for two nights at Hotel Antigua Miraflores, two nights at San Agustin Urubamba Hotel & Spa, two nights at Jose Antonio Cusco Hotel, two nights at Hotel Royal Inn Puno, nine breakfasts, two lunches, three dinners, a city tour of Lima, a tour of Chinchero Market, train to Machu Picchu, tour of Raqchi and Puno, a trip to Uros Islands, an English-speaking guide and tour manager throughout, US departure taxes, and fuel surcharges
- Voucher does not include , gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees, Peru departure taxes of up to $11 for international departures for each domestic flight may also apply
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking; subject to availability
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Due to physical constraints and space limitations, wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches, nor are these devices suitable for touring. These devices may be utilized in public spaces such as airports, however may not be used while sightseeing
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 24, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 24, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 24, 2013 • Enjoy By December 24, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms