Wild Is Wonderful on the Gauley River
ACE Adventure Resort • Minden, WV
- A Two-Night Rafting Trip Along the Gauley River for One Person, Fridays and Saturdays Arriving on September 20, September 27, October 4, October 11, or October 18
- Camping for Two Nights with Your Own Tent, Equipment, and Supplies
- One Full Day of Whitewater Rafting on the Upper or Lower Gauley River
- Hot Breakfast, Grilled Riverside Lunch, and Dinner with Live Music or Entertainment on Saturday
- Experienced Guides Throughout
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
Outdoor adventurers know you have to search far and wide to find true wilderness these days. When no municipal park will do, set out for the mountains of "Wild and Wonderful" West Virginia. About six hours west of Washington, DC—but only one hour south of Charleston—the Gauley River National Recreation Area covers more than 11,000 forested acres and 25 miles of whitewater rafting heaven. You won't find wilder, more consistent rapids anywhere in the eastern US.
To call ACE Adventure Resort "remote" would be an understatement. Let's put it this way: In addition to an address, the resort provides latitude and longitude coordinates to help you find it on the map (here's a tip: check the website for directions, as GPS systems usually get it wrong). ACE enlists experienced guides to lead its rafting trips—after all, what would you expect from North America's largest adventure resort?
Bring your own tent, equipment, and supplies for two nights of camping at the resort. Make sure to get good rest on the first night, because in the morning, you're off to a full day of whitewater rafting on the Upper or Lower Gauley River with the help of an veteran river guide.
You'll fuel up with a hot breakfast Saturday morning, then embark on a day-long trip that takes you over unpredictable rapids, varying in intensity depending on rainfall and scheduled dam releases. Just when you think you've spent every last drop of adrenaline, you'll take to the shore for a rest and a grilled riverside lunch. Don't dally too long, though—you've still got a hot dinner and live musical entertainment to enjoy on Saturday night.
"Had an awesome time! Definitely something everyone should do, and do it here. Great people, great scenery, and fantastic guides."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Valid for check-in on the following Fridays only: September 20, September 27, October 4, October 11 or October 18, 2013
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing reservations
- Voucher includes full-day of whitewater rafting on the Upper or Lower Gauley River, hot breakfast Saturday morning, grilled riverside lunch, dinner and live music/entertainment on Saturday night
- Voucher does not include camping equipment and/or supplies; Camping gear can be rented directly from ACE if needed. Please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 (one) guest
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture (www.aceraft.com/after-you-book/reservation-policies)
- Tax, $3 user fee, and gratuities not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 20, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 20, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 20, 2013 • Enjoy By October 20, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings