Conquer Africa's Highest Peak
ONE WORLD Safari Tours • Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
- An Eight-Day Expedition to Mt. Kilimanjaro ($2,095 per Person), Including:
- Six-Day, Five-Night Climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro with Sunrise Summit of Africa's Highest Point
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to the Lodge and Kilimanjaro National Park
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at Ilboru Safari Lodge and Camping for Five Nights at Kilimanjaro Campsites
- Seven Breakfasts, Six Lunches, Seven Dinners, and Celebratory Cocktails on Final Night
- Summit Completion Certificate and Medal
- Camping Equipment Provided
- ONE WORLD Safari Tour Guides, Cooks, and Porters
- Park and Rescue Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Dream African getaways are about as diverse as the continent's geography. But for the serious outdoor enthusiast, a trek to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro leads the all-time wish list.
You'll always remember standing on top of the world—gazing down on the sun as it breaks through the pillowy clouds—but your experience along the way will stay with you just as long. Begin by traversing the low-lying jungles, crossing through alpine scrub, and eventually reaching desolate terrain that looks more like a view through the Hubble telescope than anything you've seen in real life.
The balmy atmosphere will thin out to crisp, cool air as you ascend, taking a toll on your body and challenging you to summit Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa. If the trip up feels like the deepest breath you've ever taken, the descent from Mt. Kilimanjaro will be the most satisfying exhale you've ever known.
Make the climb courtesy of ONE WORLD Safari Tours:
day 1: Arrive at the Kilimanjaro Airport, where one of the friendly ONE WORLD representatives will pick you up and take you to your lodge. Here, you'll enjoy snacks and dinner depending on your arrival time.
Overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge. Dinner provided.
day 2: Depart for Mt. Kilimanjaro and drive to Machame Gate, where you'll take a five- to six-hour walk through the picturesque forest before reaching the Machame campsite. You'll be treated to dinner before hitting the sack.
Overnight at the Machame campsite (Altitude: 3,000 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 3: After breakfast, trek over one of Kilimanjaro's most scenic points, the Shira Plateau. Take in views of the Great Rift Valley and the active volcano, Mount Meru, before setting up tents at the Shira campsite.
Overnight at the Shira campsite (Altitude: 3,840 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 4: Ascend toward the Kibo Dome, cross the wedge, explore Buttress point, and descend slightly to your next campsite.
Overnight at the Baranco campsite (Altitude: 3,950 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 5: Cross the Great Barranco Valley, climb up the Barranco Wall, and trek through Karanga Valley to the Barafu campsite (4,600 meters) for excellent views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks. You'll hit the sack early as your next day starts well before sunrise.
Overnight at the Barafu campsite (4,600 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 6: Depart between midnight and 1 a.m. to make your four- to seven-hour summit climb by moonlight. Enjoy a stunning sunrise at Uhuru Peak (5,895 meters) as rays creep over floating clouds and snowcapped mountains. Take in the sights before descending to your next campsite.
Overnight at the Mweka campsite (3,070 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: Finish your trek with an easy walk to Mweka gate, where you will be awarded your certificate and climbing medal as you toast your accomplishment over champagne or another libation. Transportation will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Arusha. After a shower and short rest, you will be treated to a post-climb dinner at a local restaurant.
Overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 8: After breakfast at your historic hotel, depart for a visit to the local charity or cultural program your trip has supported. Spend time visiting the school, orphanage, community or health center, or remote village that a portion of your trek has funded. Return to the hotel for baggage pickup and head to the airport for your flight back home.
• October 5 and 12, 2013
• November 16, 23, and 30, 2013
• December 7, 2013
• January 11 and 18, 2014
• February 1 and 8, 2014
• March 1, 8, and 15, 2014
Today Kilimanjaro's snowcapped dome—when she deigns to appear from behind the clouds that swaddle her for much of the day -- continues to be one of the most inspiring sights in Africa.-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by August 25
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.oneworldsafaris.com
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $200
- Voucher includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to the Lodge and Kilimanjaro National Park, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at Ilboru Safari Lodge; Camping Throughout, Seven Breakfasts, Six Lunches, and Seven Dinners, Celebratory Cocktails on Final Night, Summit Completion Certificate and Medal, Camping Equipment Included, ONE WORLD Safari Tour Guides, Cooks, and Porters, Park and Rescue Fees
- Voucher does not include airfare, airline taxes, airline fuel surcharges, Passport/visa fees, Gratuities, Personal or baggage insurance, Meals or drinks not specified by itinerary
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Tourist visa to Tanzania will be required. It can be purchased upon arrival at Kilimanjaro airport; contact One World Safaris with questions
- Stays must be completed within date range purchased
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 18, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 18, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 18, 2014 • Enjoy By January 18, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 30% savings