A Far-Eastern Odyssey in Enchanting Vietnam
Encounters Travel •
- 11-Day Tour of Vietnam
- Start Dates from November to April 2014
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel
- Ten Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodation
- Two Dinners, Six Lunches, and Ten Breakfasts
- English-Speaking Tour Guides
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- Tour Includes Hanoi City Cyclo Tour, Halong Bay Boat Cruise, and Hoi An
Vietnam is nation that loves to surprise; from its fresh and feisty cuisine to bustling floating markets, amazing World Heritage sites and incredible tropical vistas, it's a place where the only thing you can be sure of from one place to the next is a welcoming smile. Prepare to be amazed by this Asian jewel with the 11-day Vietnam Encounters tour, courtesy of Encounters Travel.
day 1: Upon arrival, you'll be transferred to your hotel in Hanoi for the start of your trip. Overnight in Hanoi hotel.
day 2: Today, take a full-day city tour of Hanoi's essential sites. In the morning you'll see Ho Chi Minh Complex including the Presidential Palace, the Ho Chi Minh Museum, and the Temple of Literature, Vietnam's first university. After a local Vietnam lunch, you'll see the Museum of Ethnology, Ngoc Son Temple set on a tiny island on the Hoan Kiem Lake. Next, take a one-hour cyclo tour through the narrow, chaotic streets of the Old Quarter, before a traditional performance of the Vietnamese water puppets. Overnight in Hanoi hotel: breakfast and lunch included.
day 3: Journey to Halong Bay to board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise. Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the world: thousands of towering pillars of sea andwind-carved limestone karst make the bay an unforgettable and iconic sight. Explore the limestone caves and visit a floating fishing village, and swim or soak up the sun on the top deck. In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner. Overnight in Halong Bay Junk Boat; breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
day 4: After morning on the boat, in the afternoon drive back to Hanoi for an overnight train to Hue. Overnight on four-berth sleeper train; breakfast and lunch included.
day 5: Transfer to your Hue hotel before enjoying a private tour of this beautiful city, rich in history, culture, and ancient temples. Spend the day exploring the Citadel, which is now a UNESCO World Heritage site, before relaxing on a sunset cruise on the Perfume River. Overnight in Hue hotel; breakfast and lunch provided.
day 6: Drive south along a beautiful stretch of coastline and over the scenic Hai Van Pass, to the picturesque riverside community of Hoi An. On arrival, enjoy a walking tour of this charming traditional town now listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. From the 16th to 18th centuries, Hoi An was a thriving international commercial port; today, it remains a quaint riverside town, renowned for its eclectic architecture cafe culture. Overnight in Hoi An hotel; breakfast and lunch provided.
day 7: Take a bicycle ride to Tra Que, a charming little village on the edge of Hoi An town, where you will discover the art of cultivating the plants that flavour the region's dishes, as well as the opportunity to take part in a cooking class. Your lunch will consist of many local delicacies including 'tam huu' spring rolls and banh xeo, a pancake dish that is popular in central Vietnam. After your lunch and the exertions of the morning, take a traditional Vietnamese post-prandial nap before bidding farewell to your host family and heading back to Hoi An. On the return journey you will stop at Nhat tomb and Ba Le Well. Overnight in Hoi An hotel; breakfast and lunch provided.
day 8: Fly to Ho Chi Minh City and spend the afternoon on a guided tour of the highlights of this bustling, cosmopolitan city. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh city hotel; breakfast provided.
day 9: The morning begins with a drive through the Mekong Delta to the town of Cai Be, famous for its floating markets. After touring the markets, board a private boat and cruise along the maze of waterways and canals to Vinh Long. Here, feast at the home of a Bonsai gardener for a sumptuous Delta lunch. Towards the end of the day, arrive at the home of a local family, where the evening is spent dining and learning about life in the Delta. Overnight in Mekong delta homestay; breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 10: Board a riverboat and cruise to Vinh Long town, stopping along the way to visit local cottage industries. Then, transfer by vehicle to the town of My Tho to visit the Vinh Trang pagoda, before returning to Ho Chi Minh City. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh city hotel; breakfast provided.
day 11: Transfer to the airport for departure flight. Breakfast provided.
November 2—£769 per Person (up to a £1,099 value)
November 30—£769 per Person (up to a £1,099 value)
December 28—£769 per Person (up to a £1,099 value)
January 18—£825 per Person (up to a £1,179 value)
February 15—£825 per Person (up to a £1,179 value)
March 15—£825 per Person (up to a £1,179 value)
April 12—£825 per Person (up to a £1,179 value)
- Flights are not included, but are available on request from Encounters Travel.
- A 24-hour airport arrival and departure transfer service is provided.
- A mandatory single traveller supplement applies; please see fine print for further details.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now you can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Click here to find out more.
"Blessed with a ravishing coastline, emerald-green mountains, breathtaking national parks, dynamic cities, outstanding cultural interest and one of the world’s best cuisines, Vietnam has it all."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights not included but are available on request from Encounters Travel
- All transport and transfers included
- Bookings must be made via the traveller information form detailed on your voucher
- Voucher priced per person based on double occupancy. In order to travel with a companion, you must purchase 2 (1 for each traveller) vouchers
- Voucher valid for 1 person only
- Voucher valid for date selected only
- Must have a valid Passport in order to travel
- This tour does carry a mandatory single supplement if you wish to guarantee yourself a single room or whenever a room share is not available. If you are happy to share but at the time of booking there is no room share available, we will invoice you for the additional charge (£270 depending on travel dates) but this can then be refunded/removed once a room share becomes available. More often than not, we are able to arrange a share.
- Cambodia extension available for a supplement of £575 per person, payable directly to merchant
- Voucher includes: All accommodation as stated in the itinerary, All transport and transfers, 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service, Services of a local tour guide during sightseeing and activities, Admission fees, with instruction where necessary, Meals as indicated in the itinerary, Internal Flight from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh
- Voucher excludes: International Flights, Visas fees (we can arrange a pre-registration VISA Letter for you for Vietnam, you will still need to pay for visa stamp fee upon arrival into the country (at customs check in counter) at a cost of $45 per person together with 2 passport photos. Please contact us for more information about the cost of this letter as prices vary depending on nationality, Travel Insurance (compulsory), Meals not indicated in the itinerary, Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry), Tips for tour guides and drivers, Any other items not mentioned above
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- You may cancel your voucher within 7 days of purchase and receive a full refund provided it has not been redeemed. After this period, Merchant cancellation policy applies. See traveller information form for details
- Please contact 0800 0886002 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • Enjoy By August 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 30% savings