Serenity in Small-Town Connecticut
The Griswold Inn • Essex, CT
get it now to save even moreclose
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($109) or Fridays ($124)
- Continental Breakfast for Two
- One $25 Spa Credit Toward a Facial or Massage
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Three Nights
Authentic historic charm, a glowing review from New York Magazine, and an award-winning tavern set this bed and breakfast apart.
With its quaint tree-lined streets, restored homes, harbor views, and colonial charm, the small town of Essex, Connecticut, halfway between New York and Boston, seems frozen in time. This throwback of a town on the Connecticut River is recognized as a battle site on the State Register of Historic Places, as it was attacked by the British during the War of 1812. Today, that hard-fought history is on display at every turn, from the town's museums to Main Street itself.
One of these historic locales is The Griswold Inn, which is not only one of the oldest continuously operated inns in the country but also one of the first places the British seized during the attack of 1814. Hailed by New York Magazine as "the real McCoy," this 33-room inn is situated right on Main Street. Rooms are appointed with antique furnishings, including four-poster beds and fine reproductions, with views of charming village life and glimpses of water peeking through picture windows.
Come dinnertime at the inn, savor a selection of seasonal dishes such as seared North Atlantic sea scallops, braised short ribs of beef, or seared Atlantic salmon. Wash it down with a selection from the inn's award-winning wine list or a pint of the signature Revolutionary Ale. Afterwards, enjoy nightly live music when you cozy up to the fireplace at the on-site Tap Room, featured in Esquire's Best Bars in America list—yet another accolade for this beloved locale.
• Get a dose of culture at the Florence Griswold Museum of American Impressionism
• Catch a show at the Goodspeed Opera House or Ivoryton Playhouse
• Shop the diverse offerings on Main Street
• See the area's natural beauty via Connecticut River Expeditions
• Schedule a facial or massage at the Spa of Essex
"The staff was very friendly and outgoing. The Friday evening band was fantastic. It was a fun getaway!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and June 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- $25 spa credit is for use towards a facial or massage service; cannot be combined with other offers
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Photo: Kindra Clineff
- Blackout date(s): May 25-26
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2014 • Enjoy By June 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms