The Old West Lives on Near Yosemite
Hotel Charlotte • Groveland, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Traditional Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($149) or Fridays and Saturdays ($185)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in the Sage, Saffron, Cayenne, Cardamon, Coriander, or Lavender Vacation Rental, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($249)
- Daily Buffet Breakfast for Each Guest
- Welcome Bottle of Wine
- $25 Massage Credit per Guest
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Just outside Yosemite National Park, this 1921 charmer evokes Groveland's Gold Rush past with clawfoot tubs, Edison lightbulbs, and an atmospheric bistro and bar.
What did California look like in the 1800s? A drive through Groveland, 25 miles from the entrance to Yosemite National Park, will give you a good idea. A former mining hub and home to the oldest continuously operated watering hole in the state, this small town would be a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of place if it weren't for the carefully preserved "downtown." It's listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and it's not uncommon to see ranchers running their cattle down Main Street. But while the Gold Rush has come and gone, the gem that draws out-of-towners to Groveland these days is outdoor recreation, from nearby Pine Mountain Lake to the breathtaking Yosemite Valley.
The Hotel Charlotte, which opened in 1921, is among the buildings in Groveland listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This blue two-story charmer welcomes guests with warm hospitality and the kind of touches you'd expect from an Old West town like Groveland, from the second-story balcony to the Edison lightbulbs. The Charlotte Bistro & Bar, while channeling that same throwback vibe, is nothing if not modern, serving tapas-inspired California cuisine, local wine, and specialty cocktails.
Take a load off in one of the hotel's 12 rooms, all of which come equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi, satellite TV, and a private bathroom with a cast-iron or clawfoot tub, plus a queen or two twin beds. Meanwhile, the freestanding vacation rentals are large enough to accommodate parties of up to eight (four are included with this voucher; add additional guests for a fee), with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, free Wi-Fi, a balcony overlooking the golf course, and access to the lake and pool in Pine Mountain Lake. All guests, regardless of accommodation, will wake up to a buffet breakfast each morning.
"We loved this hotel. The owners are very nice. You feel like guests in their home."-- LivingSocial Member
"The hotel has a French country feeling. The staff is very hospitable and the bistro serves the best food in town by far: Everything is fresh and well-executed without unnecessary fuss. The chef definitely knows his craft!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays October 1, 2014 - April 15, 2015
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by March 1, 2015 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily buffet breakfast for each guest, 1 welcome bottle of wine, and $25 massage credit per guest
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests (traditional room) or 4 guests (Sage, Saffron, Cayenne, Cardamon, Coriander, or Lavender rooms); additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $20 per person/night
- Traditional rooms: merchant cancellation policy of 72 hours in advance of scheduled arrival, voucher subject to forfeiture; may reschedule 3 or more days in advance for $30 fee
- Sage, Saffron, Cayenne, Cardamon, Coriander, or Lavender rooms: merchant cancellation policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival, voucher subject to forfeiture; may reschedule 14 or more days in advance for $45 fee
- 10% taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 15, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 29, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 15, 2015 • Enjoy By April 15, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings