Big City, Big Game, and Big Fun in South Africa
Encounters Travel • Cape Town, South Africa
- An 11-Day Trip to South Africa ($999 to $3,299 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York City, Washington, Boston, or Chicago to Cape Town via South African Airways or Without Flights
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Sightseeing Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at Southern Sun Cape Sun in Cape Town, One Night at NH The Lord Charles in Stellenbosch, One Night at Klienplass Holiday Resort in Oudtshoorn, One Night at NH Plettenberg Bay in Plettenberg Bay, Two Nights at Tsitsikamma Village Inn in Tsitsikamma, and One Night at Zuurberg Mountain Village in Addo
- Eight Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Four Dinners
- Wine Tastings in Stellenbosch
- Visit to Cheetah Breeding Centre and Ostrich Farm
- Guided Tour of Cango Caves
- Otter Trail Hike in Tsitsikamma National Park
- Two Game Drives in Addo Elephant National Park
- English-Speaking Tour Leaders Throughout
- Airline Taxes, Airline Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees per Itinerary Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
With beautiful Table Mountain to the south and the Atlantic Ocean's thunderous waves to the north, Cape Town's views have got it going on. But the scenes unfolding daily on its city streets prove equally colorful: Brightly painted facades house sidewalk cafés and art galleries buzzing with folks of all backgrounds. The active populace embraces surfing, biking, and myriad other outdoor adventures—the more hair-raising, the better. And jovial Cape Town doesn't skimp on the music; people could break into song and dance on any corner at any time, and no one would be surprised.
Head east along the coast from Cape Town to bask in the wide-open wilderness and small-town serenity along South Africa's "Garden Route." The oak-lined streets of Stellenbosch offer a relaxing setting for a stroll after a tasting of the region's excellent wines. Visitors can get a glimpse of the vast world underfoot among the eerie rock formations of the Cango Caves outside Oudtshoorn. And the continent's signature wildlife—including elephants, black rhinos, lions, and hyenas—roam past the rare native flora in beautiful Addo Elephant National Park, near the eastern end of the Garden Route.
See South Africa from every angle with this eleven-day tour, courtesy of Encounters Travel.
day 1: Board an overnight flight from New York, Washington, Boston, or Chicago to Cape Town via South African Airways.
day 2: Arrive in Cape Town, where a representative will meet you and transfer you to your hotel to help you settle in, introduce you to the area, and finalize any additional trips you'd like to take.
Overnight at Southern Sun Cape Sun.
day 3: You'll have a free day to explore or purchase any number of local excursions, from shark adventures to walking tours.
Overnight at Southern Sun Cape Sun. Breakfast provided.
day 4: In a comfortable expedition vehicle (your ride for the coming adventure), you'll leave Cape Town and head to Stellenbosch, known worldwide for its quality wines, natural beauty, and historical buildings. After exploring the town and sampling wine from a local vineyard, you'll head to the Cheetah Breeding Centre to see these big cats up close.
Overnight at NH The Lord Charles Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 5: Travel along famous Route 62 toward Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of the world. Time permitting, you'll stop along the way at Ronnie's Sex Shop—which isn't a sex shop, but rather a one-of-a-kind country pub. Once in Oudtshoorn, take a guided tour of the limestone caverns at Cango Caves, then visit an ostrich farm in the afternoon.
Overnight at Kleinplaas Holiday Resort. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 6: The tour continues along the Garden Route, through the Outeniqua Mountains, and toward Knysna. Your afternoon is free to explore Knysna, one of South Africa's most popular seaside towns, boasting lagoons and water sports galore.
Overnight at NH Plettenberg Bay. Breakfast and lunch provided.
days 7 and 8: The day begins in Tsitsikamma National Park, one of South Africa's best-kept secrets, featuring top-notch hiking trails and beautiful coastal scenery. There, you'll get a chance to explore on the first few hours of the famous Otter Trail Hike.
Two nights at Tsitsikamma Village Inn. Two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners provided.
day 9: Continuing onward to the Eastern Cape, the tour enters Addo Elephant National Park, home to Africa's big game. You'll get plenty of opportunities to snap pictures from your elevated perch on the expedition vehicle during an afternoon game drive.
Overnight at Zuurberg Mountain Village. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 10: After an early morning game drive in Addo, you'll leave the park and end the tour with a transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport, where you'll catch an overnight return flight to the US.
day 11: Arrive back in the United States with some wonderful memories of South Africa's Garden Route.
New York City (JFK) departures: March 7, 2014 ($2,899); April 18, 2014 ($3,199); May 16, 2014 ($3,199)
Washington, DC (IAD) departures: February 21, 2014 ($2,899); March 21, 2014 ($2,899); May 2, 2014 ($3,199); May 30, 2014 ($3,199)
Boston (BOS) departures: May 2, 2014 ($3,299); May 30, 2014 ($3,299)
Chicago (ORD) departures: February 21, 2014 ($2,999); March 21, 2014 ($3,199); April 4, 2014 ($3,299); May 16, 2014 ($3,299)
Land-Only (no flights): December 7, 2014 ($999)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"People come to South Africa for its natural beauty, wildlife, and sunshine, and few leave disappointed. With its immensely varied terrain supporting a rich diversity of fauna and flora, the region offers a correspondingly diverse range of experiences."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability; vouchers must be redeemed and names & dates of birth confirmed to Encounters Travel by November 13, 2013
- Vouchers redeemed after this time may be subject to an extra fee to cover increased flight costs
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.encounterstravel.com/booking_conditions.php
- Vouchers are considered redeemed once first contact is made with Encounters Travel and limited refunds will be available if cancellations are made after; voucher subject to forfeiture
- When purchasing and giftign="center" valign="middle" style="padding: 10px 0px;">
view deal view deal view deal view deal view deal view deal view deal view deal
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 13, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 30, 2014 • Enjoy By May 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms$0
- 0% savings