Trek Along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Valencia Travel Cusco •
- A Seven-Day Trip to Peru with Inca Trail Trek ($999 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to the Hotel and Itinerary Destinations by Bus and Train (Flights Not Included)
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Casa Andina Classic - Cusco and Three Nights in a Tent with Foam Sleeping Mattress at Inca Trail Campsites
- Six Breakfasts, Three Lunches, Three Afternoon Snacks, Three Dinners, and Various Other Snacks
- Walking Tour of Cusco
- Guided Four-Day Trek Along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Two-Hour Guided Tour of Machu Picchu
- Professional Bilingual Tour Guide, Professional Chef, and Porters
- Hotel Fees and Entrance Fees per Itinerary Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Ignite your imagination in Peru: the land of vine-veiled temples and mysterious ancient empires. Here, winding jungle pathways creep along mountain ridges en route to some of the world's most mind-blowing ruins. The enchanting city of Cusco's colorful cathedrals and archaeological sites offer an ethereal gateway to Machu Picchu—the most recognizable symbol of the Inca Empire. Unknown to the outside world until 1911, the architectural masterpiece consists of giant walls, terraces, and ramps constructed from precisely cut rock formations. Explore the ancient Land of the Incas with this seven-day trip to Cusco, with an Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu, courtesy of Valencia Travel Cusco.
day 1: Arrive at the airport in Cusco—the capital of the Inca Empire—where a representative of Valencia Travel Cusco will transport you to your hotel to freshen up. You'll have the day to relax and enjoy the beauty of the ancient city and its surroundings at your leisure.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic - Cusco.
day 2: Today, discover a different side of the city on a two- to three-hour walking tour. Stroll through Regocijo Square and Plaza Nazarenas; shop in San Blas town and San Pedro market; visit the Wall of Twelve Stones; and more.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic - Cusco. Breakfast provided.
day 3: The adventure to Machu Picchu begins bright and early at 4 a.m. You'll travel by bus to the trailhead in Piskacucho, arriving at Kilometer 82. Here, you'll begin your trek along the Inca Trail on flat terrain—considered a "warm-up" of sorts. Crossing the Vilcanota River, a bilingual guide will lead you on a route past awe-inspiring sites such as the Fortress Huillca Raccay, Llactapata, the Urubamba mountain range, and the snow-capped peak of W'akay Willca. After five to six hours, you'll arrive at the first campsite near the small village of Wayllabamba.
Overnight at Ayapata campsite. Lunch, dinner, and snacks provided.
day 4: The second day on the trail is possibly the most challenging and rewarding leg of your journey. At dawn, begin an eight- to nine-hour ascent toward the highest point on your trek: Warrmihuañusca pass at 4,200 meters. After a brief rest, descend for a lunch stop at Pacaymayu. You'll have time to appreciate an incredible variety of native plants and trees which grow in the astonishing cloud forest while making the steep climb to Runkuraqay pass, where you'll camp for the night.
Overnight at Runkuraqay campsite. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks provided.
day 5: Enjoy a gentle climb to the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarca, also know as the Town in the Clouds. Next, walk to the agricultural Inca site of Intipata. By lunchtime, you'll arrive at the third campsite at Wiñay Wayna. You'll have the rest of the afternoon to spend as you please.
Overnight at Phuyupatamarca campsite. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks provided.
day 6: Get an early start in order to reach Inti Punku—the Sun Gate—before sunrise. Here you'll be inspired by the dramatic view of the sun rising over Machu Picchu. Afterward, walk down the last part of the trail for a classic photo of the ancient city. Once you arrive at Machu Picchu, take a two-hour walking tour followed by time spent exploring the mysterious city by yourself. Descend on foot or by bus to Agua Calientes—the town at the foot of Machu Picchu—to catch your train to Ollantaytambo. Here, a bus will bring you back to Cusco, where a Valencia representative awaits to take you to your hotel.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic - Cusco. Breakfast provided.
day 7: Once you've said your farewells to Peru, take provided transportation to the airport to return home (flights not included).
• Visit the Valencia Travel Cusco website for 2014 travel dates
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"When the early morning sun rises over the peaks and methodically illuminates the ruins' row by row of granite stones, Machu Picchu leaves visitors as awe-struck as ever."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see valenciatravelcusco.com/terms-conditions.php
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires additional fee of $400
- Voucher does not include airfare passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Please reach out if you have any questions (including what to bring and what is available to rent for your trip) by calling 888-803-8004 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 25, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 25, 2014 • Enjoy By September 25, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings