Spanish-Style Hotel on Catalina Island
Casa Mariquita Hotel • Avalon, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($99)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room, Fridays and Saturdays ($269)
- Daily Continental Breakfast for Two
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
On a clear day, dozens of sunlit yachts drift into Santa Catalina's Avalon Harbor. There aren't many places in the world where you can expect to see a herd of bison by day and a school of flying fish by night, but Catalina Island fits the bill. Brought to the island by ferry for a classic movie shoot only to be abandoned later, the buffalo that roam the rugged hills lucked out—with sunny skies and year-round temperatures that hover near 70 degrees, who wouldn't want to be marooned on these palm-lined, silvery sand shores? Just 22 miles south off the Southern California coast, the island's hilly acreage and crystal waters have attracted LA County for more than a century.
Set in the heart of Avalon, though a bit removed from the bustle of the main street, Crescent Avenue, the open-air Casa Mariquita Hotel boasts Spanish architecture and provides superior accommodations. Built in 1990, it's still among the island's most recently constructed hotels. All room types offer hardwood and tile floors, ornate Spanish-style bed frames, colorful artwork, and updated amenities, such as flat-screen TVs and refrigerators.
Though it's within walking distance of Avalon's beaches, shops, and restaurants, Casa Mariquita is set in the hills surrounding town, offering peace, quiet, and beautiful views. Step out onto one of two outdoor patios, complete with terra cotta tiles and patio furniture, that look out onto the ocean and into town. Or, hitch a ride on the trolley, which stops right next to the hotel, and head for Wrigley Memorial & Botanic Garden. There you'll find the trailhead for the gently sloping Garden to Sky Hike, which offers spectacular views of the island.
“Folks who want to know what it feels like to actually live on the enchanted isle of Catalina need look no further than this Spanish-style inn.”-- Gayot
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - March 28, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Not valid with reward points
- Voucher includes daily continental breakfast for two and Wi-Fi
- Sundays through Thursdays stays eligible for discounted boat transportation; based on availability
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- 12% taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 28, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 8, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2014 • Enjoy By March 28, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings